Chapter 5: Up in the stars

Jungkook kept his gaze locked onto the screen until he felt many pairs of eyes staring at him. By there, his smile faded and he glanced back to catch a few of his colleagues staring at how happy he was to see Jimin. “What?”

           “Nothing!” Namjoon called out as Jungkook nervously scratched his neck and walked away from the big screen where he smiled at Jimin prior to being caught. Only now, Jungkook felt embarrassed for smiling at the screen and knew that he had to cool his excitement down. Everyone was getting the wrong idea and it made him want to run up to everyone and try to steer their mind away from that and bring up his girlfriend; who he was madly in love with. However, the damage was done and everyone witnessed the young astronomer grow happy just to see Jimin on the screen from the B248 camera.

            With all the embarrassment, Jungkook walked away from the center and rushed to Mr. Park in order to ask him about taking care of Jimin once he gets back. The boy hid his smile and speed walked to Mr. Park; still gazing up at his son within the screen. Jungkook approached Mr. Park and bowed to him in order to get his attention first.

             “Mr. Park…” Jungkook spoke out and bowed to greet the man. “Hi.. Um.. I have a question for you. Well, more like I'm asking for a-”

             “Oh! Jungkook anything for you! Go right ahead.” The man interrupted with a big smile. The smile over Mr. Park's face showed how happy he was to find out his son was still alive and that he'll be back soon. The thoughts still floated around in his mind and he couldn't help but to tear up. After a year, he believed his first son was dead. After a year, he was tough on himself and the world because he couldn't handle his grief. After a year, he was forced to let go… But all those feelings came back happily and he felt like this was the joy he had when Jimin was born. Discovering the fact that his son was still alive, meant that he no longer carried that grief in his heart. He was truly happy. “You found my Jimin and I'm forever grateful to you!”

             “Thank you, Mr. Park. I was just wondering if-” Jungkook suddenly took a pause as soon as his eyes looked over the elder's shoulder to see Taehyung glaring at the screen with a teary pout along with an angry glare. The man gave off so much infuriating emotions, Jungkook was still confused on what relationship the two had for Taehyung to wish death on the astronaut multiple times. Jungkook tried to brush it off, but Taehyung's angry stare soon shifted onto him when he began to request taking care of Jimin towards Mr. Park.

            “Go on.” Mr Park replied and urged the boy to keep talking.

             “Oh! Yes.. I-I was thinking… Once Jimin comes back, can I.. Take care of him?” Jungkook asked and he looked back up to see Taehyung wipe his tears and walk away. Leaving a cavity in Jungkook's heart to see that he must've betrayed one of his closest friends through that simple favor.

            “Take care of him? Well… Do you want to marry my son, Mr. Jeon?” Asked the elder and this quickly made Jungkook's eyes blow wide and shake his head quickly to deny it.

              “No! I have a girlfriend already. I love her so much.”

              “Then surely you wouldn't want to waste time on my Jimin to take care of him while you should be spending time with your girlfriend. It's not a simple job to do. Jimin isn't a baby, he's an adult and once he gets back, he'll have to get used to eating big portions of food, learn to walk and get used to sounds and speaking up. You also need to take him everywhere you go. He can't be alone, it could be scary for him. He needs to adjust to society. This isn't a good thing for you if you love your girlfriend so much-”