Chapter 28: The gap between two planets

“Jungkook…” Repeated Lee-Young as she stood there, expecting Jungkook to stay calm. It was like at that very moment, she wanted to fall in love with him like before. “How have you been-”

            “How I've been?” Jungkook snapped in a deep and bothered tone to his voice. “You… Ignored my calls and text messages and now ask my how I've been?” The boy complained as he slowly rose the noise cancelling headphones over Jimin's sensitive ears. By there, Jungkook approached the woman and stood in front of her. All Jimin heard was his own breathing as he gazed at Jungkook fold his arms in front of Lee-Young.

          “What did you not understand about a break?” Questioned Lee-Young and looked worried. She just didn't want to argue anymore, but at this moment. Every little thing ticked Jungkook off because he now realized that Lee-Young barely returned the gratitude and attention he gave her blindly.

         “Really? Over the many calls I sent for the past week, you still want to ignore me? What if something happened to me and you wouldn't know?!” Jungkook shot back as Lee-Young's eyes began to gleam in tears right after. “We're supposed to be together and if you loved me enough you would talk it out and not go into break.”

        “But at times you don't want to talk! You throw it aside like nothing and you leave things alone as they were. You never fix them! I had to take a break from you because I just couldn't handle it. We've been fighting over such a little thing but it meant so much to me. I bet you treat him better than me… And don't you even dare to tell me to shut the fuck up because I have reasons to get upset. You talk about Jimin like he's the only one you've ever known! I was there for you ever since the first day of college but you still toss me aside when you want to talk about Jimin.” Lee-Young argued. It was at this moment, many other people glanced their way and Jimin was standing there to endure the secondhand embarrassment he had from the couple's argument.

        “So I guess I'm the one in the wrong just for being interested in Jimin. Lee-Young, you knew how much I looked up to him! How much I wanted to see him. If you want to complain about Jimin, why don't you stop me on the times I go for hours talking about the stars? Why don't you complain about the stars taking all my attention?”

        “L-Listen! It's not about the stars. It's you! You seem so different now, I had to stop seeing you for a while. Jungkook, you've gotten so cold towards me, I know I shut you out, but you did the same to me when you went to work and talked to Jimin for hours! Taehyung told me all about it and I couldn't help but to feel ignored. Are you really going to blame me for acting like this? I'm your girlfriend remember?! I'm only human! I don't want to fight with you because I hate it when we fight… I want things to go back to where they were. How happy we were for those two years. Please?” Lee-Young asked as Jungkook tilted his head and kept his darting glare on the girl.

        “If you loved me… You wouldn't ever tell us to take a break. Why didn't you come and talk to me? You should know that if it meant a lot to you, I wouldn't throw it aside. But guess what? Now I feel like walking out of this argument and leaving things as they were!” Jungkook rose his voice as Jimin then moved up to grab Jungkook's hand back.

          “P-People are staring, Mr. Jeon. I don't like it… Please stop fighting.” Jimin said nervously and trembled from the gazes of everyone looking at the three now.

          “Then move.” Jungkook told Jimin but, the older couldn't hear him. Jungkook then focused back onto Lee-Young as Jimin was frozen in place and felt as if a whole crowd monitored his every move. Jimin just couldn't focus at all and didn't hear a word they said. It was like he was in space once again, everything seemed distant and his anxiety doubled. This only caused Jimin to look down at the ground and tear up as his face got red through everyone's curious stare. He couldn't move at all and that's why he stood there longer to struggle. It was like the weight of his astronaut suit weighed him down like before.