Chapter 62: The Reckless Asteroid

Darkness swarmed around the young man as the only memory he clung onto was light flashing once, followed by darkness filling in another moment. All he recalled at that very moment was Jimin running towards him. He was locked within his own mind and there, he scolded himself for showing how weak he became with Jimin right before him. All he wanted to do was to prove how strong he could be in front of the one who loves him, but focusing too much into it, made him suffer. He couldn't recall anything now. All those memories of the minutes before he passed out went dull.

           Eventually, Jungkook was laying on the bed within the care unit. He felt the soft fabric of the white, bedsheets underneath his hands and with the gleam of the light falling over his closed eyelids. Yet, he couldn't wake up. There Jimin stood right by the bed his lover laid in and let out a sigh. For him, it's been fifty minutes Jungkook has been out and he just couldn't help but to feel like crying each second. “That idiot…” Jimin hissed to himself and fought back his tears. “I told him so and he just wanted to ignore me like some annoying child! All we did today was fight and he just couldn't seem to understand…” The older hissed to himself and hugged himself.

          With every second, there was a gap in his heart that seemed to spread further each second while he stood there with pain following alongside it. “I didn't want you to get mad at me… I was only trying to protect you… and you took it as me being annoying? Are you out of your mind?” Jimin then teared up and pulled a chair up to sit right by Jungkook. “In the same room I spent here… You helped me to walk and we fell in love… Now, in this room… You're silent and I'm crying; thinking you don't need to hear anything I have to say. ‘Shut up' is what you told me when I wanted to help.” Jimin cried and slowly reached out to Jungkook's hand to hold and softly make him caress his cheek, ever so gently. Jimin sat there, and guided Jungkook's hand up and along his own face and let out a tear that rushed down his face so suddenly. “My love… wake up...”

           Abruptly, Mr. Park and the Chief of the facility walked in to check up on the young man to only drop their gaze on Jimin resting his tearful eyes right by his boyfriend.

         “Dr. Park…” Called out the head Chief as Jimin opened his eyes and intertwined his hands with Jungkook's.

          “Chief…” Jimin replied in silence while his gaze then focused onto the elder standing right by his own father. “Father… Look, I-I told him-”

           “Who would have guessed he has been taking prescriptions behind our backs?” Mr. Park asked and with that, the Chief folded his own arms. “I knew he was trouble and he-”

            “Don't...I-It's all my fault. Don't blame him… I told him to take the pills if he couldn't sleep and he told me he couldn't…” Jimin lied to the Chief and his Father as well. He did this so Jungkook wouldn't be in trouble, so he took all the blame so his lover wouldn't.

              “Are you fucking crazy?! You know how bad it is to take those. Look what you did! You could have killed him!” Hissed the Chief and shook his head right after. “Whatever relationship the two of you have, I don't care. But what I do care is the health of the astronaut that is going to space! It's in a month from now and you just messed with his health! You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be punished for that!” The head Chief scolded Jimin after the lie the older made. He took every word and kept his eyes locked onto the ground. Never wanting to meet with the elder as he was being lectured. “Imagine if this happened in space?! He could have died! Do you hear me?! Dead!”

             “Jimin… I can't believe you would even try to do that. You know that rule very well. This has gotten out of hand! I knew you were going to stand in his way eventually… Sleeping pills, really? I bet you told him to do it so he could stay by your side and never go off to space. So selfish of you… I thought I told you to break up with him. You'll end up hurting each other.” Mr. Park then sighed while Jimin stuck through it all. “I should hit you right now! But having you like this must be enough torture for yourself as much as it is. Call us when he wakes up…” Mr. Park concluded and with that, Jimin let out a huff with the sound of the door closing behind them. He was once again, alone with Jeon Jungkook.