Chapter 67: The Aching Void

“Mr. Jeon, it's time to suit up.” The voice of Chief Wu echoed from the top of the stairs as Jungkook smiled and pulled away from Namjoon. Right after, he bowed to the elder and glanced back at Namjoon.

            “Guard him with your life!” Jungkook concluded and finally ran off to put his space suit on. Within the corridors of the space room, Jungkook undressed and placed on the white jumpsuit to go under the outer layer of the astronaut suit. He was helped into his suit and all he thought inside was Jimin. Of course, before he could get to his place, he made a trip to his station and took out a picture frame of Jimin giggling along with another picture frame of the couple locking lips over the bed. It seemed as if the picture was timed so they could have enough to lay on the bed and cup each other's face. That picture alone was Jungkook's favorite with Jimin.

             The young astronaut took a moment to stare at Jimin's cute smile over the other picture frame and decided to take out the pictures from the frames. Making sure he took tape as well to put it against the walls of the rocket so Jungkook would always see Jimin and know exactly who and what he was fighting for. Their love was what motivated Jungkook to keep going.

            “Kookie! Let's get to the rocket. We have a scheduled launch in about fifteen minutes. Until then, we have to be there. It's finally going to happen.” Exclaimed the older astronaut. The two weren't wearing their helmets just yet and still wandered around to say their goodbyes to everyone around them. So, Jungkook finally followed Taehyung out of the facility while caressing a picture he had of Park Jimin smiling. “Ah, the love you have for him is ‘out of this world’~” Taehyung joked around as Jungkook smiled while looking into the second picture he shared with his boyfriend; kissing against the bed.

            “Of course we do… Oh, I miss his smile already. I miss his soft lips and his perfect scent of apricots and peaches… so sweet, just like his personality.” The young man then scoffed and blushed to himself. “I just wish he can smile like this right now… He must be wallowing in a puddle of his own tears. It's killing me, Taehyung. It kills me to know that he's at home as we speak, gasping his breath in endless tears. Tears I wish to dry and kiss away.”

            “I could see why you didn't bring him here. Saying goodbye the first time was tough enough. Doing it the second time won't be any better.” Taehyung assured and then stopped walking to smile and drop his hand over Jungkook's shoulder. “But do you know how to tell if he truly loves you?” Questioned the older and made Jungkook chuckle so suddenly.

             “What is it now, Love whispering God; Kim Taehyung?”

             “Well, the only way to tell if he truly loves you… Is if he comes to see you off even if you told him not to. Then you'll know he loves you so much. No tears or words would get in his way to see you one last time.” With Taehyung's words sounding so true, Jungkook smiled to himself and one part of him hoped Jimin would come running in to kiss him once more, but then another side of him just hoped Jimin would stay home so he wouldn't have to suffer again.
_______________________________________

             Meanwhile, Jimin was out of breath; running down the street and pushing many people in his way. He was running to the facility and wasn't going to waste another minute crying to himself. There, Jimin wore his white dress shirt, black slacks, Jungkook's black suspenders, and black, classy, shoes that carried him with every step he took to run to his job. He knew there was going to be an emergency launch at any minute; leading to Jungkook's departure. Jimin's eyes looked swollen from the tears he cried and his nose was still tinted red. Even along the way, he cried thinking Jungkook must have left already. In case if he did, Jimin's eyes were locked up at the skies above to see if any rocket took off at that very hour.