Chapter 58: A Promise from Beyond

Jimin laid over the bedsheets with Jungkook as they caught their own breaths and grew silent. Their soft skins pressed against each other while Jungkook had his hand resting over Jimin's right thigh over the dominant's leg. They faced each other and had a blanket over the naked half of their lower body. The two planned on spending their hour break on resting, but Jimin just couldn't. He thought of his father's words and let out a scoff; loud enough for Jungkook to hear it once his eyes nearly drew closed.

           “Who are you getting an attitude with?” Jungkook whispered and gripped onto Jimin's rear, leaving a red hand mark against Jimin's ass. “It's not me, is it?”

           “Calm down, Jungkook… It's not you. Ah, my father gets on my nerves sometimes…” Jimin replied and let out a sigh right after. “But I worry that he might have a point…” Jimin then pressed his head against Jungkook's chest in silence. “Jungkook… He told me I had to break up with you…”

           “Do you… want to leave me?” Jungkook asked. It should be noted, that Jungkook wasn't going to force Jimin to being his if Jimin chose to leave. He just wanted the best for his boyfriend at the very end. “I don't want you to… But if you want to, I won't force you…”

             “I'm not leaving you… I'll never leave you.” Jimin promised and finally looked into his eyes to softly caress Jungkook’s hair back. “You're mine… But, I can't help but to think that…there's something wrong with us.”

              “What would that be?”

               “I'm… too obsessed with you. This is going to hurt me once you go to space, Jungkook. Even if you say you'd never hurt me with your own hands, I feel like I'm going to get hurt either way… in your hands or not. My father was right… I'm going to be hurt once you leave.”

               “Ah, why is this such an issue between us?” Jungkook whispered and kept his eyes closed; still hugging his Jimin closer. “We've talked about this, Mochi. There's nothing to worry about. I'll be back and you'll know what happens next. Don't be like that.”

              “You can't expect me not to… I'll miss you so much. I'll hear your voice, but I won't be able to touch you. I'll lay on your side of the bed, but I won't be able to hold you when I need you. You won't be the shoulder I cry on when I miss you. I'll be broken.” Jimin continued until Jungkook only sighed and rolled his eyes after. “J-Jungkook… Aren't you listening?”

               “Jimin, you left out a big part. The part where I was going to be the hero, the part where I will be the glue that comes back to put you together. I know the pain you'll have, but you need to be strong. If you don't meet me halfway, how do you expect us to meet? I can't be the only one that tries. I can't always be strong if you aren't moving to do so as well.” Jungkook stated as Jimin then nodded his head in silence. Jungkook then cupped Jimin's face and held him close in silence; finally opening his own eyes to give his Jimin all the attention he deserved. “My Mochi will miss me so much…”

               “You'll miss me too, Jungkook…” Jimin added as the corners of Jungkook's lips curved into a smile. “Just so you know, I'm not going to break up with you. You're my everything…”

               “You're my everything as well. Ah, Jimin… If you have anything to tell me, don't hide it.” Jungkook whispered. He alone hid something from Jimin. But, he had his own reasons for doing something like that. Jungkook wasn't so sure about his trip to space. Of course, he had to be strong and showing himself to his lover like this was enough to make him feel so weak.