Chapter 6: Lift off

Finally after a whole week, the rescue mission was set. Jungkook was quick to arrive at work in the crack of dawn. As soon as the facility opened, Jungkook was right at the entrance with an excited and happy smile plastered over his daring and charming face at 7:00 AM. Most astronomers glared over at Jungkook’s way with bags under their eyes and stepped into the facility once it opened. Not really getting the feeling of excitement. To them, launching a rocket was nothing out of the ordinary; but to Jungkook, it was something extravagant especially when he knew it was a rescue mission to find and bring Jimin back home.

        After a long week, Jungkook managed to get the bed in the extra room. He talked to Mr. Park and verified the many things he already had in the room. He had an extra wide drawer to have Jimin's clothes folded in, a comfortable bed --which Jungkook already placed into the room.-- books, or even photographs of people anywhere so Jimin could slowly get used to the gaze of people around him in his comfortable place. With all these things, Jungkook knew Jimin would be very isolated from society. So, it was Jungkook's job to strengthen him up and make sure he has a stable health system to return to society.

          The boy rushed into the facility and before he could run over to the big screen where B248 was being streamed through, Namjoon suddenly pulled Jungkook back by his lab coat and made the boy quickly slip his hands out of the arm holes. Escaping his lab coat to rush to the center where his eyes bestowed upon Jimin laying against a wall with belts wrapped around his small body so he could sleep through the solid silence he's been familiar with for such a long time. By now, Jimin had no hopes of living… Yet, he still clung onto his own life and thought that maybe one day, he'll be found and never forgotten. If it wasn't for Jungkook spotting the flashing rocket in the radar, Jimin would have just hoped to kill himself in the rocket alone and have his corpse stay in space to escape the torture.

            Jungkook just imagined how horrible it must have been to just be up in space, sitting in an unresponsive rocket, lose strength in the legs, miss the sound of people and the sight of green leaves with blue skies greeting every morning. All of this gave Jungkook a reason to anticipate Jimin's arrival. Until today, it was the day a group of Astronauts were going off to save Jimin from the B248. Even if it will take weeks or a month for them to get back, Jungkook was still going to watch over the camera stream every day until the day he sees Jimin's face once the astronauts show up to save him. By now, Jimin was still holding on.

           Jimin slept against the wall strapped up against it and tried to catch up on sleep. Unaware that he was finally found. He lived his life in space feeling miserable and to Jungkook, it felt like he could feel the man's pain with just the sorrow look in his eyes each time he wakes up to see that a rescue was all in his dreams.

           “You'll be safe, Jimin… You'll come back very soon…” Jungkook whispered and Namjoon caught the boy whispering this while keeping his gaze locked onto Jimin fast asleep within the B248.

          “You did realize that he can't hear you, right?” Namjoon chimed in and threw the lab coat over the boy's head and let out a laugh. “Calm down there, lover boy. You're making a scene. Can you keep your love for Dr. Park, in for a second? You'll get Taehyung jealous!” Namjoon teased and with that, Taehyung appeared around the corner once more; carrying the cardboard cup holder with three cups of coffee for his two closest friends.

         “Get who jealous?” Taehyung interrupted and pushed his glasses up as a glint reflected through them and made Namjoon flinch. “Anyways… I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday, Jungkook… I was just too upset.” Taehyung apologized and handed Namjoon his cup of coffee. The man then walked up to Jungkook and gave him his hot cup of dark coffee with an assuring smile. “It was unprofessional for me to yell at you like that… I felt horrible all day! Just know that I had my thoughts and-”