Chapter 26: Your bright light

Their lips were linked together for the first time as Jimin was placed on top of the younger boy, finally kissing the one he wanted. As they shared their first kiss, Jimin began to smile in between their kiss and giggle to himself each time he pulled away and had Jungkook moving his lips in once more for another kiss. All of this seemed too good to be true in Jimin's eyes; he thought Jungkook would never kiss him like this, but even during their first kiss, it made Jimin smile through it all.

            Jungkook then stopped as he looked up at Jimin in his arms, breathless right after the kiss. “That… That was my first kiss, with a guy…” Jungkook spoke softly and dragged his hands down to caress Jimin's face softly. “But… I won't regret it, Jimin…” Assured the younger and those soft whispers sent chills through Jimin's body. It wasn't the bad type of chills, but the love chills he gained each time Jungkook would hug him close or whisper to him. By now, those feelings weren't as surprising as they used to be towards Jimin.

            “Mr. Jeon…” Jimin whispered and just then, Jungkook kept his gaze fixed onto the older man. “What does this… mean for us…?”

             “It means, I like you, Park Jimin.” Jungkook confessed and pressed his forehead against Jimin's. “Please tell me the same thing in return.” Spoke the astronomer softly. He could only wish to kiss Jimin longer. Not only his eyes were where the true star clusters sat in place, but his lips had the soft touch of a cloud and that alone tasted sweet to him.

             “I like you, Mr. Jeon… B-But… what about… Lee-Young?” Jimin confessed and grew worried about the fact that he was swept up by the moment and kissed a man that already had a girlfriend. “I-I… I don't… want to steal you… from her…”

             “If being with you means I'll have to leave her, then, I will. Until then, don't worry about it. Don't stress about anything else, I wanted to kiss you and I did.” Jungkook promised. He made leaving the one he loved, so easy. He made the kiss seem like it wasn't something to worry about when there was plenty to comment on. Jimin worried about it and looked down to feel like Jungkook wasn't his at all. He just shared a kiss and his heart throbbed for the younger, but guilt also filled him.

             “I can't… have you..” Jimin whispered as Jungkook still held the man over his body. “Jungkook…” Jimin breathed in a desperate panic as Jungkook gripped him close and dragged his hand down Jimin's arm to finally reach Jimin's small hand. The boy then intertwined with it and looked into Jimin's eyes once more.

            “Who said you can't…? Tell me, I want to prove them wrong.” The boy whispered and those words alone caused Jimin to blush as his gaze dropped onto their hands locked together. “I'll tell Lee-Young… Then you and I can be together. That's what you and I want...right?” Asked the boy and Jimin nodded his head so desperately. Words cannot describe how much he wanted Jungkook and the young stargazer was happy to kiss Jimin. He felt the glee of being with Jimin for two years even if he hasn't known Jimin for that long. Just the happiness he had with Lee-Young, was slowly stretching further away from him.

         Being on this break from Lee-Young, made the astronomer realize that she was only a cold, icy, comet that grew lost before him once she stretched further away during their break. It made the boy think that the star he loved before, would eventually turn into a supernova within his heart; the gravitational pull was against them and only caused their love to die out into an explosion.

             With that being said, Jungkook didn't officially say he and Jimin were a thing just yet. The boy tried his best to contact Lee-Young, but she ignored him and chose not to answer. Jungkook just couldn't keep kissing Jimin and holding his hand until he broke it off with Lee-Young since the boy only wanted to have Jimin now. It was until then, Jungkook realized those feelings weren't there temporary, they were going to be there forever and once he kissed Park Jimin on the lips, it was sealed for good. Jungkook has already fallen head over heels for Dr. Park, completely forgetting the real reason as to why he took up this job in helping Jimin all by himself.