Chapter 46: Reaching ascension

“Jungkook…” Breathed the older as the young man still held him close. “I don't want anything to change… I want you to stay here… Stay with me..” Jimin whispered. He knew Jungkook was going to be training soon to go up to the stars and try to be the hero, but in Jungkook's mind, Jimin didn't know that side of the moon just yet; the dark side of the moon of course. “You can stay here…”

            “Mochi, I have to go back to work eventually. You'll be fine here with Namjoon or Taehyung. Whoever you choose.” Jungkook mentioned and broke the hug while resting his hands over Jimin's shoulders. “I love you so much… I don't want to leave you but very soon, I think you'll be thanking me. You're going to have me for an eternity, so why worry about tomorrow?.”

             “Thanking you?” Jimin thought and imagined himself scoffing within his own head. “Why should I thank you if you're going to hurt me by leaving me?” The older debated deep in his own mind before turning his face away from his lover. “If I'm going to have you for an eternity, I don't want to waste any other second without you there…” Answered the older and that's when Jungkook caressed Jimin's hair softly and tried to move his head in closer to his lover, yet Jimin refused it. “No… No, I'm mad at you…”

             “How could you get mad at me for a thing as simple as that? I'll be back before you know it! Jimin, my Mochi… don't get upset, I don't want you to hate me.”

               “Who said I hated you? Oh Jungkook… I'm so upset. I won't have you tomorrow.” Jimin argued. However, Jimin only despised the fact that Jungkook was going to space. Surely, this was the same feeling Namjoon had one year ago towards Jimin's sudden expedition. “I've gotten so used to you by my side every now and then… Please don't leave me..”

                “I won't take long, Jimin. I'll be back and then we can stargaze together like always!” Jungkook tried to make Jimin look on the bright side and smile once again, but Jimin felt like crying over the fact that Jungkook won't be gone only for tomorrow, but a whole three month extending out to a full six-month-trip. Just the thought of it scared Jimin even more. “Mochi… It's my first day back tomorrow, are you really getting upset over that? Ah… I didn't choose to work tomorrow…” At that moment, Jimin depicted lies from Jungkook so suddenly and this only made him a bit more upset than he was before. Jimin pouted with an angry look in his eyes as he then avoided eye contact with Jungkook. He knew everything and counted the seconds until Jungkook was planning to come clean. Yet, he was waiting for nothing since Jungkook kept his mouth glued shut.

              On the other hand, Jungkook did this to protect Jimin from the truth. He never had the intentions to lie to the one he loved on purpose, Jungkook did it so Jimin wouldn't have to kill himself as soon as he goes off to space to complete the mission at hand. It was a scary picture to paint in his head and the young man just knew Jimin would be thanking him very soon. The older just didn't know it yet.

              “Mochi… Jimin… Don't get upset with me… Please…” Jungkook continued and moved in the direction Jimin was looking at to only see Jimin turn his face into an opposite direction like before. “Ah, give me a break… I'm trying to make you happy… What do you want?” The younger asked and Jimin only took one glance up at his lover and sighed right after. “Tell me, darling… This is killing me…”

             “I just want you by my side… I guess I got too used to it and couldn't dare to picture a moment without you right by my side…” Jimin whispered and laid back against the couch to focus on his boyfriend. Jimin didn't want to stay mad at the one he loved and there was no way Jungkook was ever going to tell him the truth until the very end. So, Jimin had to bear with it until Jungkook was to trust his lover with the truth very soon.