Chapter 71: Lunar Eclipse

“Jimin… so what you're trying to say is, Chief Wu is going to keep them up there? But how? He can't do that…” Namjoon replied and tilted his head. “There's no way he would do something like that. He would get arrested and I know for sure he isn't that stupid to do something like that.” Added the older as Jimin began to rethink his assumption. “Surely… You're thinking too hard into this. I believe you, Jimin… I really do, but don't you think we need harder evidence other than his off behavior.

             “I…I don't understand…”

             “Jimin, listen to me.” Namjoon claimed and sat up to look at the young man over the opposite couch. “Even if there could be a chance he's hiding something big, we need to dig in deep. He's a very closed off guy and his behavior was suspicious tonight… Why did he have the need to take you home? Did he want to separate you from Jungkook?”

               “No. I was done talking to him before he came in to check up on me. Maybe, he didn't want me to stay in the facility longer.”

            “Then, he has to be hiding something within the facility. He never lets anyone in his office but himself and he spends the whole day in there collecting dust. What's so special about a little office?” Namjoon brainstormed and made Jimin raise his brow in question. “What else did he bring up in the car?”

             “He brought up so much things. The fact that I survived an earth year in space and kept linking it to the possibilities Taehyung and Jungkook might have if they went for two years. He kept saying I didn't die and I came out alright. But that only made me nervous.” Mentioned the man. To Namjoon, he felt as if he was piecing together a puzzle, but he only wondered, what was the bigger picture?

           “Alright, I think we're getting somewhere. He seems shady; Although… We need something big that would really get him. I believe you Jimin, but I'm not sure if anyone else would just believe these words. Until then, don't mess with him. Don't try to take things into your own hands. I don't want you to do such a thing until you find an opening. Do you understand? If you try to do something, he'll catch us and if he is what we say he is, then I'll tell you what we should do by there.” Namjoon advised, but Jimin felt wrong hiding something like this. For the first time, Jimin felt like he shouldn't hide something that bothered him. Especially if Jungkook and Taehyung’s lives were potentially on the line.

           “Stay silent about it…” Jimin thought in his head and let out a sigh right after. The same night, Jimin laid in his own room with Namjoon sharing the same bed as him. The young man had no yellow planet to look up at nor a B248 sculpture hovering over his own head to make him feel safe. All he had above his head was a roof and nothing more. Jimin turned to the side where his eyes fell onto the face of the older laying by him. It felt odd to share the same bed with a married man that was also his ex. Namjoon chose to spend the night with Jimin to keep him safe, but Jimin knew how Namjoon connected the stars. The older just didn't want to go home and Jimin found that out by counting the stars Namjoon outlined.

            Together, they laid in bed together for the first time in a long time. Just like a Lunar eclipse; occuring only when the sun, moon, and earth were close by with the earth at the center. Jimin was the sun, Namjoon was the moon, and their past relationship stood between them like the earth itself. As Jimin laid there, he kept his eyes locked onto Namjoon before turning his gaze to look at the pictures of Jungkook's astronaut wall. Just against the wall at the very center, was two pictures of Jimin, Jungkook placed himself at the very start. Even before meeting Jimin, Jungkook has always placed his wondrous star at the center of his own universe.