Chapter 13: Two different planets

“He said I'm someone great…” Jimin thought to himself and smiled as he then glanced up at Jungkook with glee in his eyes. “T-Thank you…” Jimin thanked the boy and by there, Jungkook began to help Jimin; He wrapped his arms around the boy's waist and held him up before leaning over to grab the crutches the man once tossed forward when he was upset. The truth about his friends still abandoning him, bothered him, yet, Jimin couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to walk outside and confront them… However, he just couldn't walk outside the care unit to do so. Jimin was stuck to bear with the issues on his own.

            For hours on end, Jimin buried the thoughts of his own friends abandoning him and stood in the room with Jungkook. With each gentle hold, Jimin began to turn red each time Jungkook got close to have his arms out and open for the older to walk into; after a long distance of walking with the crutches that is. The feeling to Jimin felt brand new, his blood raced like a star shooting across the night sky and his heart beated like drumsticks against a drum. The older man began to notice that Jungkook seemed so much closer, he even blushed time to time once Jungkook dropped his hands along his small waist. However, the weak man alone doubted these feelings; knowing well that Jungkook was just the first person to stick by his side and care for him no matter what. So, he was bound to feel something for someone as close to him like his very own caregiver. Either way, Jimin pushed his small thought aside because he alone knew it was stupid to only grow fond of his own caregiver; the boy that has only been with him for at least two days already.

         By the following week Jimin would be at Jungkook’s house and this made the man smile as he used the crutches on his own to walk around the room with it. His legs weren't strong enough for him to rely on it alone, so Jungkook made sure to look through some harmless exercise practices for the weak astronaut. Around the fiftieth time Jimin took an orbit around the room with his crutches, Jungkook was now sitting on the bed while looking through some exercises Jimin could take.

          “Jimin, if you're hungry… Let me know. I need to tell your father if you want something.” Jungkook spoke ever so gently and looked up to hear the base of the crutches still clicking against the marbled ground within the care unit. “Jimin? Don't you want to take a break?”

          “I-I… I want… to get… better…” Jimin whispered out of breath as Jungkook then looked down with a silent chuckle erupting between his lips.

          “You're out of breath. It'll shorten your breath even more. Come here, sit with me so we can talk for a bit, then you can keep going once I leave.” The boy mentioned and this made Jimin stop once he realized that he wouldn't see his caregiver for a while now.

         “Jungkook… I can't see you...until I get better… Right..? That would… be until a week… from now…” Jimin spoke in broken sentences to breathe in between. His words were cut off like he was still using the oxygen within the astronaut suit and it only became a bad habit of his. “I have to learn how to walk with these perfectly… At least become normal in my weight….since.. I'm still… underweight… Then, I have to be healthy. So much.. things…” Jimin continued as he then made his way to the boy so he could sit down right by his side. Jungkook watched Jimin limp with the crutches and then sit down right by his side. The view was sad, but Jungkook kept his thoughts silent on how worried he was about the older. Two days in, Jungkook was already worried about how the young man's health was and cared so much about him.

           “It is a lot of things, but I'm sure you can get through it… Right? Of course you can. I may not be able to stay here all week and encourage you, but I can wait for you next week. Don't ever think you're alone… You still have your father and me!” Jungkook stated as he then grew silent for a second. “Then you'll have Lee-Young too… She'll be such a great friend to you.”