Chapter 20: Counting stars

“Let's order the pizza right now and watch a movie. You get to choose, I want you to have fun as well.” Jungkook spoke in a sweet voice to the man as Jimin blushed and turned away. He knew his feelings were too deep to shove away by now and Jungkook was at the center of his own solar system. “Maybe… Romance?”

               “I… I don't… think it's fitting for the… situation you're… in..” Jimin spoke out softly as Jungkook gawked down at the lockscreen of his own phone to see the picture of his girlfriend there. “Let's… do something else… I don't want… to upset you, Mr. Jeon.”

              “Ah, it's just an issue, that's all. I promise. It won't even get to me.” Replied the boy and began to order the pizza through an app while Jimin sat there in silence. He was aware of how strong Jungkook was and he was surprised at how well the boy would take his break from his girlfriend. It was like nothing worried him, yet it left him sitting there and desperately trying to shut everything out when he was with Jimin. Things confused Jimin when he thought of Jungkook… But one thing was for sure, was that he began to embrace that interest he took on the stargazer.

             “It… would be… better if we.. stargaze instead…”

              “My mind is too fucked up to stargaze.” Jungkook answered softly and this made Jimin stare at Jungkook a bit longer. “You just love to stare at me, don't you, Jimin?” Jungkook whispered and the corners of his lips curved into a smile to himself. “I must be some type of bright star to you then…”

              “Stop it…” Jimin replied into his murmur and threw the couch pillow against Jungkook’s shoulder. “Now I can't… stare?” Whispered the man and let out soft giggles that always left Jungkook smiling. “Mr. Jeon…”

               “Just say, ‘Jungkook,’ Jimin. It's not that hard.” Jungkook spoke to the boy as Jimin giggled. It was now that they finally felt comfortable around each other and Jimin felt the breath he was holding, finally release. He blushed at each interaction they shared and Jungkook found glee through it all. After everything, he traveled further from the issue he had with Lee-Young and grew closer to Jimin. Of course, It was the best feeling he ever had. “Here, order whatever you want.” Jungkook told Jimin and handed him the phone where Jimin was to order the pizza. “I'll pay for anything you want.”

             “That's… okay… I was paid...for my expedition… I'll pay-”

              “No, I'm paying.” Jungkook chuckled as he then dropped his hand over Jimin's head once more to mess his hair. “You should thank me, but yet again… I'm just doing what I wanted to do. It could be my job but I enjoy it.” Jungkook told the older softly and caressed Jimin's hair back softly.

             “Do… you… want my… hair, Mr. Jeon?” Jimin asked and smiled at Jungkook after. “Do you?”

              “Sure, I'll take it.” Jungkook replied as Jimin just couldn't hide his silent giggles along with the red blush on his face. “You're red, Jimin.” Laughed the boy softly in his deep and gentle whisper as the red on Jimin's face never faded from there. Even if it seemed obvious on how much giggles he shared, Jungkook felt just as happy as Jimin at that very moment. Soon, Jimin placed the order for a box of pizza as Jungkook had a romance movie already chosen for the night. The way things were set; a romantic movie waiting to be played and pizza for the occasion made Jimin feel like this was a small date. Of course, he hid the fact that he viewed it as a date when in reality, Jungkook did this to stretch away from the issues he had with Lee-Young before.