Chapter 10: The law of gravity

On the young boy's way home, Jungkook began to receive a call from Choi Lee-Young. For a full hour he spent after work and with Jimin, he forgot all about everything he had before and took care of the older man at the care unit. It was like Jimin put a hold to everything Jungkook had and made such a big effect on the young stargazer. Jungkook stopped walking and stood still as he read the name ID over his phone and realized that he hasn't called his girlfriend back all day. For the most part, he was carried away by thinking of the weak man back at the K.S.C.U facility, he didn't even think of his own true love.

           “Lee-Young! I'm so sorry… I didn't call back all day…” Jungkook apologized as soon as he threw the phone against his ear and kept walking; carrying his work bag on the other hand with all his notes and work pages for the project he worked with his close friends. “I was so busy! I went to see Jimin after work and I was able to bond with him and get to know about him more.” Jungkook said with a change in his voice that shifted from worry to happy within seconds. “He's such a nice man…”

          “Jungkook… I- ugh… that's okay. I wasn't expecting you to call back. You're such a busy man and I understand that. So, should I come over so we can talk face to face? I'd love to hear more about him… I also want to talk about my day too.” Lee-Young said with the amount of interest Jungkook has always hoped her to have towards the topic.

          “That would be perfect… I'm walking home right now so meet me there. Then we can watch movies together again and talk about other things.” Jungkook mentioned and this alone sounded perfect to the girl's ears, but she had little doubt of it coming true due to Jungkook's behavior this night with Jimin. It just felt off how Jungkook put his own girlfriend aside to think of Jimin; someone he just met today. However, Lee-Young didn't know that he stayed behind to share a long talk with the older astronaut.

           As soon as Jungkook reached home, Lee-Young walked behind him and quickly jumped onto his back to let out a giggle as she wore a white coat covering over her white T-shirt, blue jeans with the sleeves at the bottom rolled up to show her white socks within her yellow timberlands. Her hair was always pulled into a ponytail and her eyes gleamed along with her pale skin each time she'd be with her lover. “I'm here! Tell me all about your day.” Lee-Young insisted as Jungkook smiled and walked forward to unlock the front door to his house.

          “Well.. Today I think I made a pretty good impression on Jimin. He's a nice guy… Cute and extremely smart..” Jungkook said as Lee-Young didn't think too much about it. As they reached the living room, Jungkook dropped the girl onto the couch and laid over her. Normally, Jungkook imagined her giggling and trying to scream for him to get off of her, but Lee-Young did the same exact opposite and put the man into a headlock as she began to laugh after. “A-Ah! Alright I'll get off!” Jungkook laughed. Sitting next to Lee-Young and dropping his right arm around her.

           “Keep going, I'm listening.”

           “Well… So, today I first met Jimin. He came out of the spaceship; pale, weak, and silent. Jimin whispered every word and I never heard his normal voice. He only whispers everything out and he's mostly breathless. He's trying to get used to the oxygen on earth because when he was just in space, his oxygen came from his space suit so he took one deep inhale and exhaled slowly. I guess he was so used to that… Even when he talks, he talks so slow, and smooth, his condition is really bad and he needs to work up his appetite.” Jungkook explained. Yet, he didn't dare to stop just there. “After work, I walked to the care unit to check up on him and I'm glad I did. I passed by his room because I saw him try to stand up and walk, but he hasn't tried that in an earth year. So, he fell and I ran in once he began to cry.”