Chapter 27: A high tide

One week later, the two were still holding such a close bond like before. Only now, they did everything together, but haven't kissed like their first time. That was saved until they were finally official. However, along the way Jungkook did have his worries when it came to Lee-Young. The woman hasn't called ever since the week before and Jungkook felt like it would be wrong to go off and kiss Jimin when the younger was still in a relationship with Choi Lee-Young. Jungkook just couldn't do that to Jimin and make his new boyfriend-to-be feel used in any way.

          Of course, Jimin was going to be Jungkook's first boyfriend and the young boy only wanted to have Jimin as soon as his other feelings with Lee-Young died out. So far, he felt horrible about the thought of leaving her after two years and one side of him still wanted her; just a smaller part of it was left of course since the rest of Jungkook's heart had Jimin written all over it. It was just like the stars outside this earth aligned and pointed Jungkook towards Jimin. All his heart and soul went for Jimin except that small percent that still wanted Lee-Young even after Jimin. This was the hardest part of saying goodbye to someone he has seen for two years. Someone so close like that seemed far now as Jimin only fell in closer. By there, a perfect love story was told beyond the constellations far above.

          It was the dawn of another week. By now, Jungkook has had some progress with his interest; Jimin was able to speak a little louder and his sentences seemed less broken compared to before. They of course, kept their hands to themselves and avoided the kisses they would long to give each other followed after their first kiss. They only wanted to kiss when they would be together officially and Jimin allowed it. The older felt as if his heart for Jungkook grew bigger along the days they spent together. Not only, Jimin was getting better, but his relationship with Jungkook was getting closer.

           It was by morning, Jungkook woke up to see Jimin facing him on his own bed. Together, they slept in Jimin's room every night together and eventually, Jimin found the stars as beautiful as he used to see them before. All with the help of the boy who began to fall for him.

          “Good morning, Mochi…” Jungkook whispered and softly caressed Jimin's hair back until the older woke up. “Are you happy to see me every morning?” Jungkook whispered and held Jimin's hands with his in the bright morning.

            “Ah, you're so talkative in… the morning.” Jimin whispered and smiled at his caretaker. The tone to his whispers was gone and Jungkook was able to hear Jimin's normal and soft voice. It was as calm as a harp being played right by a calm lake. It was the perfect melody Jungkook heard from Jimin and he couldn't deny any smile that appeared over his own face. “I'm so happy to wake up… and see you.”

            “You're so flirty.” Jungkook spoke and sat up, being able to speak in his normal tone as well. “Mochi, there will be a storm today. I don't want the thunder hurting your ears so, I want you to wear some headphones that block out all those sounds. When I need to talk to you, I'll take them off just to tell you. I don't want your sensitive ears getting damaged especially after so far you've progressed from silent whispers.” Jungkook mentioned and stood up from the bed to stretch. “I still need you to get used to being in public once again. Think you can handle that, Mochi?”

             “I can try, Mr. Jeon.”

            “Good. Let's start getting ready to go to the grocery store. If anything goes wrong, tell me, Jimin. I don't want you to get scared. Just hold onto my hand and we'll get through it, I promise.” Assured the boy. Even if Jimin hasn't ever stepped foot out the house once he arrived, he was quite nervous to step out and have the news reporters go after him like before. It's been a few weeks after that and Jimin knew it must have calmed down, right?