Chapter 55: Thoughts on Oblivion

Once the couple soon came back home in their new, red, car; they stood in the kitchen and began to cook with each other. This was something Jimin has always missed. The strong and mouth watering aroma of the beef noodle broth filling his nose with the rich seasoning, the boiled beef to sit alongside the bowls of noodles, and how could he forget the hot steam of the vegetables brushing against his hands each time he stirred the boiling pot to cool.

            Jimin wore his white apron over his white dress shirt tucked into his black belt, wrapped over the black slacks, and his white socks hidden under the white, house, slides. As for Jungkook, he wore his usual black apron over his matching, black, turtleneck sweater and black slacks that also tied in black socks with his matching slides as well. As the two stood by the counters side-by-side to cook, Jimin turned his head to smile at Jungkook right after they set the beef to boil within the pot. As they waited, Jimin giggled and moved in to hug his lover from the back.

            “Oh you're so clingy, Park Jimin~” Jungkook whispered and turned back to roll Jimin's hair along his own fingers playfully. “I can't even cook without you falling all over me.”

            “Let's go look at the stars!” Jimin anticipated and clung onto Jungkook's arm playfully. “It won't take long… The stars look beautiful today.”

            “Fine, but if the house catches on fire, I'm going to kick you to the stars.” Jungkook teased. The younger then took off his own apron and set the stove on low so the food could take longer to cook. “I'll give it a solid ten minutes.” Jungkook whispered and began to walk out the house with Jimin right by his side. The two held hands locked as they wore their classy shoes to the outdoors. By there, the cool, night sky, greeted them with easy wind as they walked to the center where the grass seemed to grow greener by the second. “Here, let's not take too long.”

            “Okay.” Replied the older until he sat down on the green grass and laid back happily. “Come to me!”

             “You've missed me so much, we couldn't even hold a decent conversation in the car without you pecking my cheek with your soft kisses.” The younger claimed and laid back next to Jimin while their eyes locked skyward. “You love me too much, you can't even contain yourself.”

             “You can't blame me, Mr. Jeon~ it's been such a long time since I’ve had you so close to me…” Stated Jimin as he smiled at a bright star up ahead. Stars glew like white fireflies lighting up the night sky, glowing through the reflection of their gleaming eyes along with the pale moonlight. Jimin remained looking up at the stars before opening his hands; reaching out to the brightest star above their heads and glancing back at Jungkook. “Soon… You'll be able to see these stars for yourself. It's a lovely experience, but… too much of a good thing could hurt…”

            “I know.” Jungkook answered and grabbed Jimin's hand reaching out, just so he could hold hands with his boyfriend. “Park Jimin… I'll never stop thinking about you when I'm up there. I'll be strong for you…”

           “I know you will.” Jimin smiled and looked back at his lover. “Jungkook… When do you think would be a perfect time to marry as soon as you come back?”

             “Once I come back, we would have one year together. As soon as I propose, we should at least wait another year or two… Then we'll be ready.” Jungkook assured and smiled to himself. “Let's just brainstorm what we want for the ceremony… I know it's too soon to think about it, but I want to at least imagine our big day.”

              “Oh, I thought you'd never ask! I want our wedding to be held at night! I want to look at the stars once we both join hands and I want our special day to fall on a full moon or even when a shooting star appears. But, shooting stars are rare to fall on a precise day… at least, let's have it on a full moon.”