chapter twenty four

"You've been avoiding us, Rouge. Is that the name you go by now?" Via questioned with a saddened look on her face. Ivy looks to her sister but keeps her mouth shut. "Why won't you talk? You might as well since your boss is in a meeting and you've got nothing else to do-"

"I don't really have anything to say to you," Ivy says with a harden look in her eyes.

"Nothing to say? You're unbelievable. You have nothing to say about the ignored calls and text? You have nothing to say about you haven't visited your family in months?" Via says anger building up in her, "Honestly I shouldn't say months, more like years since you've always been distancing yourself,"

"You don't get it, do you?" Ivy said while crossing her arms, "I don't care, how you feel about this situation, this isn't about you,"

"Then who is it about then? Our parents? What could they have possibly done to you-"

"Everything! You don't even know the half of it. I'm the older but you were always the favorite! I was a pathetic screw up that couldn't get anything right. I strove to make them proud everyday but nothing was ever good enough. All you had to do was blink and you were praised. I was so tired of it so I left, and I found the one person who appreciated my efforts no matter if I failed or succeeded. So I choose to make him proud now, not them. I'm not a screw up like you all thought,"

"I never thought you were a screw up, Ivy. You're my sisters, I look up to you. Why did you have to ignore me if this wasn't about me?"

"...because, I resent you..." Ivy started again hesitantly but regained her confidence again, "I loathe you for being their favorite. For not helping me when I needed it. No matter what you do, you'll always be connected to them because of how they love you. And I don't want to be reminded of that time ever again,"

Via was taken aback. Her sister hated her? Or she just said that? All she knew was that her heart seems to be breaking, "How could you say that to me? I'm sorry but I had no idea what was going on, how could I have helped if I didn't know,"

"Exactly, they loved you so much that they kept you from knowing. That just shows how much they loved you more then me. They didn't want their favorite child to be corrupted by her screw up of a sister. They would have never taken the same steps to protect me, in any situation. Only for their dear puppet, "

"Puppet? I am no puppet, Ivy. I control my own actions," Via said while her sadness was turning into a bit of anger once more. She prided herself on how independent she was.

"No, you are," Ivy says with a sneer, "It's ridiculous how you think you're in control,"

"It's ridiculous how you ignore me because of your measly 'issues'," Via said. Ivy scoffed.

"It's so much more than that,"

"Really now? The students here have way more problems than that; I have worse problems than that, Ivy! You never hear me bitch about how our parents aren't accepting and you never here me take it out on you!" The anger in Via was starting to get high and she could tell that Ivy's was doing the same.

"How dare you," Ivy said. Her eyes started to glow red as her quirk was being activated. Via noticed this and in turn started to activate her quirk, "you fucking-"

"That's enough," a voice said from the end of the hallway. The sisters turned around to see Y/n at the end if the hallway. Both sisters unactivated their quirks and Via looked down in shame.

Y/n looked through the glass window to see her brother on the other side, staring at her with a stoic face. Y/n scoffed and looked back to Via, "Y/n, I-"

"Let's go," Y/n said and started to walk back down the hall. Via gave Ivy a hard glance and then started to follow right behind.

(please comment, vote, and follow me! thanks for reading!)