chapter twenty eight

"...you call yourselves gods..." A deep masculine voice called out. Boots could be heard stepping over and crunching the rubble beneath it, "...what gives you the right? The authority?"

You opened your eyes, all you could see was rubble and what used to be your home. You quickly hid behind a large bolder, scared of what would happen if that man found you. 'Why was he doing this?' You thought as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"...why...?" A light voice said; it was filled with pain, hurt and betrayal. You swallowed a sob, recognizing the voice to be your mother.

"Honestly, you're right. 'Why' is the right question to ask..." you heard a pause, and then more walking, "why do you think your better then everyone? Even better than me? And why do you deny me the one thing I've worked years for? What makes you a hero, and not me? And why the hell do you get to decide that?" You heard the voice call out, getting angrier and angrier with each word.

"I've seen the real you, the corrupt you. I've seen how you've never truly cared for anyone besides yourself, and how everyone else in your life are just pawns you're willing to sacrifice. And yet, you're a hero everyone aspires too? You're just a imposter, yet you get to decide my future as hero? I won't stand for it, honestly. I won't let someone as corrupt as you stop me from taking what truly belongs to me," The voice called out.

You thought you heard your mother chuckle, but who would do that in a situation like this- life and death? Your mother, that's who. Her chuckle raises to maniacal laughter and all you can do is hide and hug yourself tighter. This was the end.

"Y/n! It's time to wake up!" A voice called you. You quickly opened your eyes and sat up to meet Ezra and Erron on the other side of your room.

"What are you guys doing in here, you creeps?" You mumbled as you quickly wiped your eyes.

"...we had a feeling you would sleep through your alarm again," Erron said in a monotone voice while holding up your phone. The alarm was going off for what you could imagine to be the 3rd time. "Don't worry, we woke up the U.A students," Erron said while twirling his fingers.

"Ugh, I don't know what's wrong with me, I keep missing my alarms," you said and flopped back down on the bed. Erron copied you and flopped on the bed but had no change of emotion in his face.

You giggled and looked at him, "your bed is super warm," Erron said with a hum of approval.

"Guys we have to go! We have no time for cuddling!" Ezra said while grabbing your and Erron's ankle. You screamed as he dragged you both out the bed and you both hit the floor simultaneously. "If we leave now, we can probably make it to the library at 7:30,"

"I feel kinda bad, I was supposed to cheer them on at the entrance of the library but I over slept," You said with a guilty smile. Ezra shook his head.

"Can't control your nightmares, y/n," He said simply while helping his brother up off the floor. You looked at him and smirked a little.

"And how would you know if it was a nightmare,"

"I could tell by your face, whatever it is, you're past it and now you have us supporting you. So, you're basically unstoppable," Ezra said with a smirk and you giggled. He offered his hand and you gladly took it, "Come on, let's go cheer those newcomers on,"

(please comment, vote, and follow me! thanks for reading!)