chapter forty two

"Here!" Y/n said as she slapped a piece of paper to the wall. She gathered everyone into the common area without telling them what it was about. Everyone stared at her in confused until Midoriya spoke up.

"Ummm, what is that?" Midoriya asked while setting on the couch.

"What do you think it is?" You said as you bent down a little to grab a piece of tape. You taped the paper to the wall and took a few steps back to looked at your handiwork. You turned back to the U.A. students with your hands on your hips, "It's your results. Y'know, for the rank test?"

At those words, everyone jumped up and went barrelling towards the paper. You yelped as you were knocked down by your peers. Only Todoroki and Midoriya helped you up.

"Good news is, everyone landed in level one so you're all top tier candidates, good job! Bad news for you, but good news for me is that none of you beat me!" You said with a slick smile. It made you laugh how you saw everyone's face go from happy to annoyed in a matter of seconds.

"1.6?" Midoriya questioned while looking at the sheet. Did he really score that high?

"1.6? Deku, that's a great score!" Uraraka said with a big smile, "I have a ways to go to catch up,"

"Todoroki, what did you get?" Yaoyorozu asked while looking at him. At of all of them, his fight with you probably lasted the longest and was the most entertaining.

"1.6," he responded simply while looking at Midoriya. Everyone gasped in surprise, matching ranks?

"WHAT THE HELL?" Bakugo screamed. It looked like steam was coming from his ears, "I'M TIED WITH THESE TWO LOSERS!"

"Bakugo's ranking is 1.6 too? Wow, that's interesting," You said with your hand on your chin.

"How is that even possible?" Jiro asked while looking at you.

"Well matching ranks isn't really uncommon, it usually happens among twins or siblings. Take Ezra and Erron for example, both are tied for 1.2. But three people who aren't related in the slightest tied? That's weird?" You said while looking at the three standing next to eachother. "Oh well, it's not that big of a deal."

"To be honest, I thought you guys would be higher, but I think Arden messed with the scores," You said while going to sit on the couch. After you did everything, why would the principal involve himself like that?

"What do you mean by that?" Midoriya asked you.

"Well the fact is, you guys aren't staying here forever. So if you really did surpass some of the five and then left you would mess with the hierarchy. I'll talk to him about it, in the meantime, you guys should get dressed up," You replied while walking to the door, "Don't start cooking dinner either,"

"Can I ask why, kero? These are weird request," Asui said while chuckling. You just smiled.

"Well you all worked hard and did well on the test, I figure I take you guys out to dinner in the city. See ya!" You said while putting your shoes on and walking out the door.

"That sounds great! After we could even go sightseeing!" Ashido said while cheering.

"I don't feel like going out with you losers. I don't even have any nice clothes," Bakugo mumbled while slumping in a chair. Kirishima came over and put his arm around Bakugo.

"No problem! I have some clothes you could wear," He offered while giving a gentle smile.

"Get off me!" Bakugo said while throwing Kirishima. Kirishima just laughed while Bakugo got heated.

"I wouldn't mind roaming the city," Uraraka said dreamily.

"Me neither since I didn't go last time," Midoriya said, offering to the conversation. He had a feeling this would be a night to remember.

Though right, it would be a night to remember, but not for the right reasons.

(please comment, vote, and follow me! thanks for reading!)