Chapter 3✅

At the end of the night Derek drove Stiles to her front door, "I had a really good time I know we have the museum coming up next weekend but do you think we could meet for coffee before work. We both work close to the Starbucks even if it's in opposite direction".

"I would like that a lot goodnight".

Stiles unbuckles her seatbelt and leaves the car, before she could open her front door Lydia opens it.

"Hi Derek", she yells at him. He waves at her and drives off.

"Damn he's driving a Range Rover I thought it would be one of the cars that cost six figures.

"Derek seems really down to earth so I doubt he's a petrol head like that".

"So how was the date?"

"It was nice we decided to be friends for now".

"So what you guys aren't going out again?"

"Actually we're".

Lydia squeals, "Its a good job I can't hear I think my eardrums would have suffered".

"Before I forget your dad called he's coming to New York tomorrow he was booking a hotel".

"I hope you told him not to, he could stay here we have two spare bedrooms after all."

"Don't worry Stiles I did, are you going to tell him about Derek?"

Stiles shakes her head, "Its only been one date so far, I want to enjoy my dad being in New York and doing the touristy things with him without talking about Derek to him".

"Fair enough".

The next day while Stiles was at work Lydia went and pick her dad up from the airport, Stiles came home to see her dad and Lydia cooking together.

"Hi dad how was your flight?"

"It was okay, how was work?"

"The usual how come you waited till the last minute to tell me you were coming today, you didn't text me".

"It was meant to be a surprise I'm sorry honey".

She hugs him, "Its good to see you dad what are you guys making?"

"Your dad is teaching me to make pierogi, goulash and chicken", answers Lydia.

"Meat my favourite food group mmmm", later as they were sat at the table "Dad not that I'm not happy to see you but why the surprise visit?"

"I'm retiring and was thinking of moving here especially now."

"What do you mean Mr Stilinski?"

"Just I want to be there for Stiles, which reminds me I need to start house hunting while I'm here". He sees the look Stiles gives him, "We both need our space away from each other".

"Unfortunately dad I can't cancel my clients but I can meet you for lunch every day. The week went by quickly, Stiles met Derek for breakfast every work day at Starbucks that week and met her dad for lunch and dinner. She was able to take him to the airport for his trip back to Bacon Hills. That Saturday she met Derek outside her house, "If we're going to keep seeing each other before work I want us to go somewhere different to Starbucks I need real food".

Derek laughs, "That can be arranged there is a diner round the corner from it".

"The diner with the name spelt wrong?"

"That's the one."

"I mean who spells Sofia's Diner like Soffia's dinner they can't even correct it now people would go mad they're so used to it".