Chapter 20✅

"Wait did you just say immortal guard", Stiles ask her father.

"We're immortal".

"How is Lydia and Angela dead then?" ask Talia.

"They died as half banshee and half siren. The tree will never let Lydia out and Angela without her heart can't be returned to the land of the living. Now Johnathon it's time to fulfil your destiny". John walks over to him and touches him on his shoulder Johnathan's eyes cloud over and become milky white.

They watch as his eyes return to normal and he holds his hands out for the heart in Stiles hands. He crushes it till it becomes like sand. They watch as the stain on the Forrest floor starts lighting up where the heart pieces land. Stiles father reaches down and touches the sand. "This will let you retrace her steps from before she came here follow it". Johnathan bows to Stiles father and leaves.

"Stiles my darling daughter water the Nemeton". Stiles raise her hands and it starts to rain and saturate the ground around them.

"Why did the cops not see the three bodies before?"

"They're part of our pack dear they stay on the fringes of it on purpose. So supernatural visitors to our city don't know their status within our pack. They're humans who know about the supernatural and help us cover it. The three of them were born as humans to supernatural parents".

"So they saw the bodies and pretend like they didn't", says Stiles finally understanding.

"Yes", answers Talia.

"Can we go home now I'm starving and I want to see what mess was created in my house. I'm going to assume someone will take care of those bodies?" The tree extends three branches and pulls the bodies inside itself."The tree is telling me it needs one more sacrifice to balance itself out".

"Leave that to me", says Stiles father. "You go home and rest". Stiles hugs her dad and leaves him in the forest while she and the other Hales walk the path back to her house.

When they reach her house Stiles look around her. "Why is this place so clean?"

"Your father had people come and help us clean up", replies Cora. "Damn who knew he had that much power. We were ambushed but a weird thing happened. While the men and women that were with Johnathon did everything they could to harm us he didn't. He took a hit for me by accident but I don't think it was an accident".

I'm going to warm up the food and reheat dessert someone help me set the table please. Stiles sees Peter and hugs him, "Did they hurt you badly I know you heal fast but did they hurt you?"

"Why don't you and Talia sit the rest of us will sort the food out then we can swap stories. When you left I thought you came back we heard your voice at the front door. It was just a recording where you invited someone over to the house. I knew then we were in trouble because only dark magic can circumvent a protection spell", explains Peter.

"Lots of people barge into the house and we started fighting. For some reason there were humans in with the supernaturals. We knocked then out first then we started fighting the supernaturals. We were outnumbered then your father just appeared with people and started fighting with us.

When it was over he looked at Johnathon and nod.  Then Johnathon took off with Angela into the forest with Laura following them. Your father's men disappear with the people that came here. He shouted leave one person behind I need the person with the darkest soul. His men disappeared and your father strengthened the protection spells on the house. Making it impenetrable to any dark magic. Then he went to find you. Just as you returned the guy that was tied to the chair that your father needed disappeared".