Chapter 41✅

"Thank you Talia I'm going to make myself a cup of tea then I'm going to go up".

"Ok dear why don't you go up I'll make you your tea and bring it up to you. Is peppermint tea alright with you?"

"Yes Talia thank you", Stiles hugs Cora and Laura and head back upstairs.

She removes her makeup and washes her face. She get into bed and fluff the pillows up, there's a knock on the door. Stiles tell Talia to come in which she does. Stiles takes the tea from her and takes a sip. Talia kiss her on her forehead and leave the room.

As she sips her tea Stiles reflects on her day her mother was alive. She wondered if she was rescued before Lydia captured her or before she actually killed her. She wanted to ask her mother but didn't want to risk upsetting her.

Then she realises Derek will know, Stiles hopes the answer was not the latter. She runs a hand over her swollen belly her mother will now be a grandparent to her child. Stiles hopes that helps her deal with not seeing her own child growing from a child to an adult.

Stiles tried her best to wait up for Derek but fell asleep. She woke up in the middle of the night to find him next to her asleep. She rest her head on his chest and close her eyes, when she next opened them Derek was awake.

"Morning".

"Morning OMG Derek my mum is alive", Stiles smiles then start to weep.

Derek hugs her and wait till she collects herself. He smiles broadly at her then starts to sign, "I'm glad Claudia is here and she was taken before Lydia got to her. My brother isn't cruel he wouldn't have waited till she was on the verge of death. Lydia although she didn't kill your mother in this timeline unfortunately did in the other one. So she will never appear in this world don't forget she's dead. Which means she can't come back neither can her mother".

"I'm glad, I thought for a moment since mum is here Lydia didn't kill all those people".

"She was always evil that's why Nyx could use her. Lydia had to give consent for Nyx to do what she did to her".

Stiles let out a audio sigh of relief Derek kisses her on the forehead. Stiles put a hand on her stomach, "What is it, is something wrong".

Stiles takes Derek's hand and places it on her stomach the baby was kicking very hard. Derek put his hand on her back and rubs it. As Stiles got closer to her due day Stiles noticed the baby was kicking more and more. When the kicking ended Stiles and Derek have a shower together then change into sweats. They decided to not go into work for several days now Claudia was back.

They walk downstairs to see Stiles mum and dad in the living room, "Talia and the others left to give us time to talk".

"Did you ask them to dad?"

"Yes Stiles I did, your mother still hasn't met your husband officially. We need time as a family together".

Stiles takes Derek hand and walk to the sofa and stand in front of her mother, "Mum this is Derek my husband. Derek this is my mother Claudia Stilinski".

Derek put a hand out for Claudia to shake which she does, "It's nice to meet you Derek". She stands and hugs him.

"Stiles your father has been filling me in on some of the things I've missed out on. Why don't you tell me about your life Zeus gave me the highlights".

"Lets make a start on breakfast and we'll talk as we work".

So that's what they did as they maKe pancakes, sausages, turkey bacon and fresh orange juice. Stiles and Derek tell Claudia all about their lives. They show her the nursery and the clothes and toys they bought for the baby.

When they sit down to breakfast Claudia was fully caught up on their lives. "We need to get you some bank cards mum I'll take you shopping later in the week".

Claudia laughs, "What,did I say something funny", Ask a perplex Stiles.

"I've technically always been in this world. I woke up to my wallet on the bedside table with all my identification in there. Like my driving licence, credit cards and other items, I even have a joint account with your father".

"Wow that makes shopping easier, I don't understand dad you said mum was dead and I got the impression that it wasn't possible to bring her back".

"That's why your brother-in-law got her before she died".

"Mum how are you feeling?"

"Well darling I'm happy I'm here, I hate that I didn't get to see you grow up. But I'm here now and that's all that matters. When is the baby due?"

"In about three weeks time I think he/she may come earlier thou, I have a very active baby".

"I can't wait to be there at the birth with you. I had a swim in your pool this morning it was bliss. I'm going to take it easy and learn about this new world, I had a iPhone in my bag I didn't know what to do with it".

"It will take time mum the world has really changed since you were last in it. You get to see our people again and swim in the ocean with them".

Claudia smiles, "Yes, Yes I do. I've still to see the home I share with your father".

"It's beautiful and very big, I own the building you live in and there's a rooftop pool you can use whenever you want to".

"Thank you Derek I'll make use of the pool, I'm glad you had so many friends at your party Stiles. I feared for you as a young deaf girl. I was afraid that you wouldn't have a lot of friends and you would be bullied because of your deafness.

I'm glad you turned into a woman who just happened to be deaf instead of a deaf woman. Your identity isn't just your disability you're a mother to be, a doctor, a friend and a wife. I'm so proud of you my darling you followed your dreams and have your own practice too".

"Thank you mum", Stiles hugs her mother.

When breakfast was over Stiles father took her mother to her new home. Stiles and Derek clean the kitchen then put the presents from the shower in the nursery.

By lunch time Stiles parents were back, she and Derek makes a chicken salad and soup for lunch. They were sat around the kitchen table eating when Stiles ask her mother what she thought of the her new apartment.

"It's very nice and clearly the furniture is extremely expensive, I love the pool on the room top. There's four bedrooms so you guys and my grandchild can stay over. When I saw my closet full of clothes I felt like Jackie O".