Chapter 11✅

Later she Skyped her father and tell him what happened to her in the water. "The package I left you have some stuff from me too, I see you've not had time to read it all. My mother is a nymph you get those water powers and the ability to control the weather from me. Well your nymph side anyhow not many people know we exist and I want it to stay that way. When a nymph meets her mate it triggers her magic fully I'm guessing you've met yours".

She nods, "His name is Derek Hale and he's really lovely and sweet dad and he treats me like I'm the most important thing to him".

"Well honey you're, once mates have met each other they feel a strong pull to the other person and would give their life literally to save the other person. Wait is that Talia's lad?"

"Yes do you know him?"

"Not to speak to but I know his mother through your mum. They were good friends I had to let her know I was visiting her territory when I came to visit you".

"She knows you're supernatural?"

"Yes I ask her to keep my secret she thinks I'm just a witch. People can't tell what we are the magic from the forest and sea confuses them. It's built in protection".

"The Hales know I'm a spark".

"They can see your spark half".

"Lydia could see you were powerful I knew she was stealing your magic. I could tell from the visit before last".

"Why didn't you say something about magic to me or that she was no good".

"As long as she thought you were just a witch she would find no reason to kill you. Because she knew you had power she could siphon, she had reasons to keep you alive".

"If she knew you were suspicious of her she would kill you, she couldn't take a great deal of your powers all she could do was dampened it, I'm sorry honey. When you told me you were asking her to move out I knew that very day you were in the same space as your mate without realising it. Something in you unconsciously started fighting her so I knew he was near".

"Are you telling me my magic starting fighting back and I started disliking her because I was due to meet my mate".

"You must have stood near him or been someplace with him without you both realising it and that overrode what Lydia was doing to your magic. She couldn't feed off you anymore from the moment you officially met Derek. At some point in that day you decided to give Derek a chance, sealing a promise to be together before the official mating happened".

"But I was unsure about him."

"If that was true Lydia would still be your fake friend and I would be pretending I was human around her. She's a banshee where they go death and destruction follows she doesn't really have a lot of power. She needs to use what she steals which makes me think she could be mixed with something else".

"So right now she's powerless?"

"Until she finds someone else she can use I want you to study all about banshees their powers and their screams. Now I would like to meet this young man of yours".

Stiles goes and gets Derek, "Dad, Derek. Derek dad".

"I hope you're taking good care of my little girl."

"I'm sir, I'm trying my best to".

"That's all a father wants to hear I've spoken to your mother. Your building has a vacancy and she's offered it to me I should be moving down there in two weeks. We'll talk properly then".

"It will be nice to have you staying here sir, don't worry about the rent".

"I'm paying you something my boy your mother said a thousand pounds a month should be enough".