Chapter 33✅

That evening they drove to Laura's house, Stiles gave Laura the shop bought ice cream. "Is everyone else here yet?"

Taking the ice cream from her Laura shakes her head, "Uncle Peter and his family hasn't arrived yet".

Laura takes their coat and lead them into the family room, "David, Talia it's lovely to see you both. Did you hear about Olivia's good news today".

"What's this?"Ask Laura taking a seat on the sofa.

"It seems that Olivia has found her son", replies Stiles.

"She's done the blood test already she couldn't wait", says David.

"If it was a chance it was my child I would do the same thing", says Stiles. They explained about their day. 

"Is that what uncle Peter said he had to sort out before?"

"Yes Laura he made sure that the red tape involved in this situation got unraveled", answers Talia.

"So Issac how are you finding New York?"

"Loud it's nothing like Beacon Hill at all, the food and job opportunities here is amazing. As a Hale people I don't know fall over themselves to give me great service. The city is so much more diverse that what I'm use to. I love my job and the people I work with and it does help knowing because of magical barriers people can't kick off in their sessions. Reading about my childhood trauma in the paper wasn't exactly nice. I know it helped a lot of people going through the same things I went through, because of the letters Laura showed me that came to their office building".

"You have a black American Express card, go wild with it have some fun", Cora says to her husband.

"You're so careful with what you buy splurge a little. You don't ever have to worry about not having enough to eat anymore son, your debts are all cleared. Treat yourself to something you're a Hale now Issac spend some money, let the newspapers see you behaving like one", says Talia.

"Did Cora tell you how hard it was for me financially studying and working?"

"No dear", replies Talia. "I just know while the McCall pack did what they could to help you. It would have been hard for you with no family support in Beacon Hill that's all. Just remember you have family now who will always support you one hundred percent". Talia goes over to him and hugs him.

"Thank you Talia".

At dinner that night Cora stands and smiles, "Issac and I have an announcement to make its early days but we're expecting a baby".

Everyone rushes to congratulate them, "Congratulations sis".

"Thanks Derek".

"Our kids are going to be close in age, yeah", Stile hugs her and thinks I wish I could whisper in your ears I'm so glad you get your happy ever after. So later in the night she took her aside and signs exactly that to her.

"Some of our behaviour seems weird to Issac at times because he's experiencing some aspects of being in a family for the first time. I know he's excited to be a father and have his own family. He has only known sorrow from his, in his old pack while he laughed and played with the kids there and went to dinner at pack mates house. He went home to a empty flat".

"Now he comes home to his wife and soon his child and extended family that will include him in loads of trips and events", says Stiles. "I'm glad he gets to see just because life started out cruel doesn't mean it as to end that way".

They hug, "We're hosting dinner next. I can't wait till you see the changes we've made to the house, the basement is amazing".

"Duh you have two basements Cora, I got to say I'm kinda jealous of all that space. The view from my backyard makes up for just having one basement".