nineteen

yoongi woke up and instantly felt nauseous, was it something he ate? was it the cupcakes a boy at his campus was selling?

he tried to make the feeling go away by eating some crackers but only ended up throwing them up. "what the hell?" yoongi mumbled, rinsing his mouth with water, his stomach also hurt. a lot.

he didn't want to go to work but he needed to "i'm just gonna call seokjin" the boy sighed, not wanting to drive a couple extra miles to drop off minji.

-

yoongi's head began to hurt, he wanted the work day to be over so he could go home and sleep "jungkook, do you have any medication on you?" the boy asked, jungkook raised a brow and shook his head "you know you can take a paid sick day? once the restaurant got sued because a customer got sick because a cook's sick particles got on the food so since then we're able to have a sick day" jungkook said, yoongi gasped "well then, i'm going to go talk to the manager"

yoongi entered his manager's office and sat down "hi yoongi, what can i help you with today?" the manager asked, a bright smile on her face "i feel sick, may i go home?" the boy asked, the manager nodded "of course, feel better. if you can't make it tomorrow, let me know" the sweet lady said, yoongi showed a small smile "thank you"

yoongi was glad that he was able to go home, he just wanted to sleep all day with no worries.

-

"you're home? it's barely 12" seokjin said, passing the chopped bananas from the cutting board to minji's small bowl "yup, i took a paid sick day, i don't feel well" yoongi rubbed his eyes, "what's wrong?" seokjin asked, concern was clear "i don't know, i threw up in the morning and my head hurts and my stomach hurts" yoongi said, seokjin gasped a bit, putting his hand on forehead on yoongi's forehead "your temperature seems fine, just go take a nap and see if you feel better" seokjin said, yoongi nodded "thank you, please let minji know" yoongi smiled, seokjin nodded.

"what happened to appa? he looks tired" minji said, assuming she knew what tired meant "appa is sick, you've been sick before, right? very icky, isn't it? just be careful around appa so you don't get sick" seokjin said, minji nodded and hummed a lullaby as she ate her fruit.

-

jungkook

how's yoongi

seokjin

i think he's okay?? i was taking care of minji when he came in, he explained what happened and went to sleep

nvm he just woke up and threw up

jungkook

what omg

i don't think he'll be able to come in tomorrow

seokjin

i don't think so either but it's paid either way lol

jungkook

yeah 💀

does he have a fever

seokjin

no and that's what i find weird

jungkook

hm

just tell him to take care

seokjin

yup brb

-

"yoongi, i heard you throw up" seokjin said, yoongi nodded "i don't know, im just gonna take some medicine, my head hurts like hell too" the boy sighed, going to his medicine cabinet and pulling out some pills and swallowing 2 of them with water.

"you know the boy that was selling cookies on our campus? i think those cookies made me sick" yoongi mumbled, seokjin hummed "i bought 3, gave one to minji and we're both fine" seokjin said, yoongi frowned, what was happening? what was wrong?

"well then i don't know" yoongi frowned, should he probably go to a doctor? yes. was he going to go? no.

yoongi drank a lot of water since seokjin had told him to, claiming it would make him feel better. so there he was, 4 empty water bottles in front of him "appa drinking lots of water, i want water! i wanna be just like appa!" minji giggled, yoongi smiled, his little girl wanted to be just like him "do you want it in a sippy cup or cup or bottle?" yoongi asked, minji hummed, beginning to get frustrated when she couldn't make a decision "appa chose for me" minji frowned, yoongi shook his head.

"you need to choose, i can't choose for you. i can help you choose but i can't pick for you" yoongi said, minji began to feel even more frustrated. he couldn't make decisions! just like her appa.

a/n: personally, i think letting your kids make their own decisions is a part of good parenting, even if they get frustrated just like minji is.

"okay then..help please" minji frowned, yoongi nodded "which one do you think would work better for you?" yoongi said, putting a yellow sippy cup, a purple cup, and a water bottle in front of her "um..sippy cup because can take it everywhere! a-and it won't spill" minji said, yoongi smiled widely "good job! you're so smart! i'll pour the water in the cup in a bit, go play with your toys" yoongi said, minji nodded and ran to her toy chest.

yoongi's head started to hurt as he poured some water into the sippy cup and added two ice cubes "god what the hell" yoongi groaned, he was going to take another nap after pouring minji her water.

"here you go" yoongi handing minji the yellow sippy cup "thank you appa! look what i made!" minji giggled, sliding yoongi the white piece of paper that she had made her drawing on. it was a picture of her and yoongi at a park, they had ice cream cones in their hands and the yellow sun shining bright on them "wow, it is so pretty! you should make a small one so i can keep it in my wallet and keep wherever i go" yoongi smiled, minji's drawings were so cute.

minji gasped upon hearing yoongi's idea "yes! h-how do i make a small picture?" minji asked, yoongi jogged to his room and grabbed some scissors. he cut minji's paper into a small rectangle that would fit in his wallet "now you draw on it, but let's do this in our room. appa is really tired" yoongi said, minji nodded, taking her box of drawing supplies to yoongi's room.

"feel better appa"

that's when yoongi realized they were pregnancy symptoms.

-

ONCE AGAIN, I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO EDN THIS. anyway, please stay safe everyone. qotd: what is 6/18 simplified? 🥰