thirty-eight

yoongi had to wake up early to go to the parent-teacher conference. he didn't even know why he chose eight in the morning.

he woke up at seven to take a shower, he liked long showers so he took around 20 minutes in the shower, it felt nice.

he made sure to look as pretty as he could look despite feeling like shit, he wanted to be pretty to see minji's teacher.

-

seokjin drove yoongi to the school, yoongi wasn't allowed to drive for at least a week. he understood seokjin's point of view.

"good luck" seokjin said, yoongi showed a small smile, "thank you"

-

yoongi sat across from namjoon who was organizing some papers. soon enough, namjoon was finished with organizing papers and looked at yoongi, a bright smile on display.

"you look amazing, mr.min" namjoon said, yoongi felt his cheeks go red, his stomach felt like it had butterflies inside, "t-thank you, you l-look good too"

namjoon couldn't stop smiling, yoongi was a blushing mess and it was absolutely adorable, "you're my first parent of the day so i'm sorry if i'm a mess, i spent all night organizing kids drawings and what not" namjoon said, yoongi nodded, "it's okay" he said, he felt absolutely nervous.

"minji is really smart, she's really artistic too" he said, pulling out some of the work she did in the past, "on this piece of paper, you can see she traced this letter and she can identify several words that start with this letter. her speech is very developed and can communicate her ideas in an organized manner" namjoon spoke as he looked at his notes.

yoongi smiled, he felt so proud of his little girl, "i am a little concerned about her social development. she has troubles taking turns and communicating with peers and does a lot of risky things" namjoon said, yoongi's smile instantly fell, "i think she inherited that from me, she might have adhd so uh..that might be something" yoongi said, namjoon hummed and nodded,

"minji does a lot of things that you do. she mentions how much of a hard worker you are, a lot of things she knows are things you taught her. for example, at school she hasn't been taught how to write her name, at least not yet, we're still working on the alphabet. but she knows how to write it and spell it out loud" namjoon said, yoongi was amazing, "that's good to know"

namjoon smiled, "do you read with her at home?" he asked, yoongi nodded, "i do when i have the chance, i'm a college student and have a job so it can be hard at times but i still try to read to her" he said, showing a small smile, "that's amazing, she's really smart, i'm impressed. she's also really caring. students are expected to bring a snack everyday but someone didn't bring one and she gave the student half her snack. she's amazing" namjoon smiled, yoongi chuckled, "i don't know what to say, she is amazing"

namjoon gave yoongi some of minji's classwork and testing they had done before changing the subject, "so, how are you doing now? are you doing okay?" namjoon asked, yoongi bit the inside of his mouth, letting out a small hum, "i'm doing okay, i think" he said, showing namjoon a small reassuring smile, "i'm always here for you yoongi, you're doing amazing" namjoon said, yoongi's stomach felt fuzzy, namjoon made him feel like he was flying.

"i was wondering if you want to go out sometime?" namjoon said, yoongi's cheeks were red, "y-yeah, that would be nice" he said, namjoon showed a huge smile, "you have my personal number, just text me" he said, yoongi nodded.