fifty-nine

tw: post partum depression

"this is your room" yoongi said, minji nodded and looked around, "so am i sleeping on the floor or what?" she asked, yoongi laughed, "we bought you a bed frame and mattress, it's coming today" yoongi reassured, minji hummed and nodded.

yoongi and namjoon had already set up their bedroom. yoongi was shocked to see the bedroom without any of the girl's toys, stuffed animals, etc.

"fatherhood got to you" namjoon laughed, yoongi huffed and pouted, "i guess so"

jungkook stared at the crying baby, not being able to do anything.

he was tired, he was 4 days post partum and he was exhausted. he felt sadder than usual, unmotivated, and so much more.

he felt horrible about his body, he didn't want to talk to seokjin about it, he needed to create an image that he was in fact, fine.

he rocked the baby around, touching her arms and smiling a bit.

after 15 minutes, jiwoo was asleep again.

jungkook

hi hyung

yoongi

hii

hru?

jungkook

idk

can i talk to you?

yoongi

yeah you can come over

but i'll send u my new address

jungkook

i don't want to talk out loud

just through text

and i don't want seokjin to know

yoongi

oh what's wrong?

jungkook

i feel really sad

like a horrible parent

i feel so exhausted

i feel so bad about my body

so tired

yoongi

oh jungkook:( i understand that, but please give yourself time. your baby was born four days ago, it's going to take a bit for you to go similar to your regular body. for gosh's sake jungkook, you had a whole human in you..might i add that the doctors said your baby is bigger than average. get some rest, eat well, allow yourself to recover. i actually suffered from post partum depression after i had minji, if you think you might suffer from it, reach out to someone, don't suffer alone.

where is seokjin ?

jungkook

work