forty-six

tw: slut shaming, mentions of abortion, depression, mentions of self harm

minji stared at the wall that contained pictures of the students family. she became curious on why it was only her and yoongi.

the other students had mom's and dad's and some even had siblings! but why not her?

"mr. kim? why does everybody have different people in their picture? why is it just appa and i?" she quietly asked, "we all have different people in our lives. some people may have a lot of people but some people might just have a little bit of people around them. like some people have a boyfriend or girlfriend and kids" he explained, crouching down to make eye contact with the girl.

"will you be my appa's boyfriend? even jinnie has a boyfriend!" she said, a small gasp at the end. namjoon turned red, "let's talk about that later, okay? not now" he laughed, he wanted to be yoongi's lover, he couldn't lie.

"she seriously asked that?" hoseok laughed, namjoon nodded, "i like him but i don't know if he's ready" he sighed, "what do you mean?" he asked, "he's recovering from some mental things right now and i think he still thinks about his ex"

hoseok hummed, "you would do more good than harm by entering his life. i think he'd appreciate you being by his side" he said, taking a sip from his lemonade.

"maybe but i don't know? for gosh sake, i'm his daughters prek teacher" he said, hoseok chuckled, "but minji said she wants you to become his boyfriend! what are you waiting for?" hoseok scoffed, namjoon hadn't had a relationship since he was 15.

"i don't know!" he whined, throwing his head back, "next topic because you can't figure out your feelings" hoseok said, namjoon pouted, "i feel insulted"

"appa, why do other kids have a mom and dad, some people have siblings too" she said, yoongi hummed, last time minji asked this, he lasher out at her, this time he was going to calm down and speak formally this time.

"you have another dad. you don't have a mom because appa likes men, not women. your dad wasn't ready to be a dad, at least that's what i think. i think it's understandable, i was 19. he reacted very badly and left" he explained, he tried to make it as kid friendly as he could.

"will i ever see him?" minji asked, yoongi sighed, "probably not min, i honestly don't want you to. he wasn't very nice" yoongi said, if minji chose to find and meet donghyun in the future, he would allow her to.

"why wasn't he nice? what did he do?" she asked, "he wasn't nice to jinnie either. i can't tell you what he did, but maybe when you're older. okay? just know that appa is so happy to have you and nothing can change that" yoongi said, feeling emotional and tears brim in his eyes.

"ah i want to cry" yoongi chuckled, quickly blinking back his tears, "jinnie said not to cry over stupid people, that's what he told jungkookie" minji grinned, yoongi laughed and let tears run down his cheeks.

"i-i guess you're right" he chuckled, minji kissed her appa's forehead, "i love you appa"

yoongi

hi seokjin

seokjin