six

yoongi had been looking for a job for almost 3 weeks, no one wanted to hire him so he ended up crying himself to sleep and smoking a cigarette.

minji knew where yoongi hid these things she called 'cool' and 'magical' she wanted one just so she could look cool like her dad. maybe seokjin would give her one too! since she couldn't reach.

-

yoongi

i have a job interview today, can you come over and take care of minji please

seokjin

of course! good luck! i'll be there in like 10 minutes

yoongi

thank you, i appreciate it sm!!

-

yoongi put on some dark blue jeans and black shirt, making sure he looked decent to increase his chances of getting the job.

"jinnie is going to take care of you, i'll be back in a few minutes" yoongi said, kissing tell girls head and ruffling her hair. he slipped on his shoes and waited for seokjin to arrive.

minji waved goodbye "l-love you appa!" minji said, seokjin smiled, it was cute that the little girl learned how to say that.

-

"so minji, how has your appa been?" seokjin asked, the little girl looked up from her drawing "appa sad. appa cry night-night" minji said, seokjin raised a brow, trying to understand the way minji worded her sentence. 'appa cry night-night?' oh! appa cried at night, it made sense.

"do you know why?" seokjin asked, minji shook her head and pouted as she pointed at her stomach "m hungry" she said, seokjin chuckled a bit "alright, i'll make you some food, how about you make appa a picture to make him happy" seokjin said, minji giggled and ran to grab some paper and crayons to make a picture.

for once, minji didn't want to draw, she wanted one of those cool things that her appa had that made cool smoke!

"jinnie! follow me!" minji said, grabbing seokjin's hand and leading him to the bedroom "if i burn the food, it's going to be your fault" seokjin laughed, following the girl.

-

minji kept pointing to somewhere where she couldn't reach, screaming and crying when seokjin couldn't find anything.

"minji, you're being a silly girl. there's nothing here" seokjin sighed, minji only kicked and screamed "calm down, appa is going to be really upset at you" seokjin said, he was confused on why the girl was acting like this and why she wanted something specific from there.

luckily, yoongi's cigarettes were in his car.

-

"how did it go?" seokjin asked, yoongi flopped on the couch "good besides the fact their starting pay is 7.50 an hour" yoongi frowned, picking at his jeans "if you can't find any other job right now, get that one and we can search for another one to see if they'll pay more" seokjin sighed, rubbing the boys back "thanks hyung"

"do you know why minji was crying because of something that was on a clothing cabinet? i didn't see anything but she was really upset and crying and kicking" seokjin said, yoongi panicked but not visibly. his heart was beating as fast as it could "no? i've only ever had candy there. maybe that's what she wanted" yoongi said, trying his best to not stutter "oh, probably. kids these days" seokjin chuckled, yoongi forced a chuckle.

-

now he had to be extra careful around minji. he knew he always had to but now that minji was a little snitch and could talk, he couldn't be smoking where minji would see.

"appa sad?" minji asked when she saw tears run down yoongi's face "j-just a bit, but that's okay. whenever you feel sad, you can talk to me, okay?" yoongi sniffled, wiping his tears and hugging the girl.

he was frustrated with his financial situation and how hard it was handling school with work and minji, but he couldn't do much about it, he could only wish for the best.

"have my phone, i'll be right back minji" yoongi said, pulling out his phone and handing it on minji "tank you appa!"

yoongi stepped outside, grabbing his lighter and a cigarette from the whole pack, he lit up the cigarette and inhaled and exhaled the toxic chemicals. he didn't realize it but it was becoming addicting.

-

"why appa cry?" minji asked, lifting her chubby small hand wiping yoongi's tears "you wouldn't understand minji, you don't have to worry about appa. how about we draw something or we play school? you said you really wanted to play that yesterday" yoongi said, minji looked up at the sniffling boy and giggled "yes!"

minji didn't know a lot about school or knowledge in general so yoongi would be the teacher and ask simple questions or minji would ask some ridiculous question where yoongi give a ridiculous answer.

"i taught you how to count to 10 the other day, try to remember" yoongi chuckled, minji smiled as she looked at the visual representation in front of her "o-one, two, t-three..umm f-four, five, six!" minji said, she successfully counted the toys in front of her "wow! you're so smart minji, you deserve a prize. how about you get a popsicle? but be very careful, i don't want it falling" yoongi said, minji eagerly nodded and ran to the kitchen with yoongi to get her popsicle.

-

"tank you!" minji said, sitting down to where her and yoongi were playing school "you're welcome minji, do you want to keep playing or color?" yoongi asked, the small girl hummed "color please" minji said, yoongi nodded and got some art materials ready for both of them.

"appa don't be sad" minji said, yoongi looked at the girl and smiled "im fine, i really am. what makes you think im sad?" yoongi said, showing a big smile to prove he was happy "appa cry night-night" minji mumbled, painting a blue sky on her paper "well.. yeah but it's okay to be sad. sometimes you're sad because you lose your toy, it's the same thing with appa" yoongi explained to minji in the most child friendly way, hiding his suicidal thoughts and anxiety "ohh" minji hummed, making more things on her paper.

yoongi sat beside minji, giving her compliments on her drawing. she always wanted the girl to know that she was the best at everything.

he wanted the best for minji.

-

more angst coming up! since some of this book has to relate with yoongi and minji and how they spend their time, the qotd will be: favorite childhood memory? sorry for short chapter and spelling errors btw! ily <3