forty-two

tw: mentions of abuse, living with addicts

"what happened with that parent you went on a date with?" hoseok asked as he ate lunch with namjoon. he was a prek teacher as well.

namjoon didn't eat lunch with minji because minji had left for a therapy session, "it went well, he's a good dude. he's shy" namjoon said, a small smile on display, "that smile. you're whipped" hoseok chuckled, namjoon smiled wider, hiding his face with his hands.

"he's cute alright but there's something about him that i don't really like" namjoon said, the smile fading a bit, hoseok raised a brow as he ate, "what is it?"

namjoon sighed, "he's a cigarette addict, you know i can't handle addicts" namjoon said, hoseok looked at namjoon with a frown.

namjoon didn't have a good childhood to say the least. his whole life, he was surrounded by addicts. his dad was cigarette addict and his mom was an alcohol addict.

he was always cleaning the broken glass bottles of alcohol that his mom threw when she got drunk. his dad simply didn't care about him or his mom and often left namjoon to take care of him.

his mom would yell at him for every problem she encountered. it left the poor child traumatized and scared.

his father made namjoon grow up by himself, he sometimes forced the young boy to go beg people on the streets for money for cigarettes. namjoon ended up traumatized from all this.

"is he trying to recover from his addiction?" hoseok asked, namjoon sighed and shrugged, "he does have a daughter so im guessing yes" namjoon said, it didn't mean that the fact wasn't triggering.

"i think i'm going home, i don't feel well" namjoon said, closing the lid on the container he had brought food in and standing up, "what happened?" hoseok asked, "i'll be fine, don't worry"

when namjoon got home, he cried into his pillow.

he had gone to therapy for his mental issues but it didn't mean that the trauma went away. it was still there and it still had an effect of him.

he wiped away his remaining tears and sighed, glaring at the mess in his bedroom. he decided he was going to clean up a bit.

he watered his plants and organized his bed before he moved on to clothes on the ground.

he found a baby blue shirt on the side of his bed. he wasn't sure if it was his or if it was a shirt he had borrowed from someone. his first instinct was to put it up close to his face.

he could smell the cigarettes which made him tense up with memories of his childhood. the shirt was definitely yoongi's.

he bit the inside of his mouth as he decided what to do, he wanted to throw it out but he shouldn't. he didn't want to have it in his house either. after some minutes, he decided on putting it in a plastic bag.

he did that and went to sleep. he just needed rest after a triggering day

"minji has been diagnosed with adhd" the therapist said before continuing what she was going to say, "we will like her to go to therapies that include many activities that she will enjoy to help her behavior" she said, minji wasn't paying attention. she was counting how many things she could see in the room.

"what comes after 20?" minji asked, the therapist smiled, "21. but sir min, do you have any questions or concerns?" the therapist asked, yoongi stared at the woman, "are you sure you diagnosed her right?" he asked in a small voice, "yup, otherwise, i wouldn't give her this diagnosis. i think it's very good we were able to detect it at a young age" she said, yoongi hummed and nodded.