twelve

yoongi was glad that it was his day off, he really needed it but he was bored, he would sleep the day away if it weren't for minji being left unsupervised. seokjin had classes for the day, yoongi was a bit jealous that seokjin's parents paid for his housing in college.

"appa! im hungry!" minji whined, hitting yoongi's head with her stuffed bear "what do you want to eat?" the boy asked, he was still in bed with his eyes closed, he was still tired "can we have pancakes? don't tell jinnie but i think appa makes better pancakes than jinnie" minji whispered, yoongi couldn't help but laugh "i won't tell him, let's get some pancakes" yoongi smiled, getting up from bed, following the girl who was running to the kitchen.

yoongi noticed minji was really talkative and he wondered why, she even tried to talk with random kids at stores but they wouldn't talk to her which made both of them feel bad. something was different about her, he wondered what and why.

he decided not to think much about it and take his medication, not noticing minji was staring at him "appa, why do you take pills?" minji asked, yoongi chuckled as he placed some pancakes on minji's plate.

"i have adhd, i have the inattention type so without medication it makes it hard for me to be organized and i can't focus. the pills help me feel better" yoongi explained in simple terms, there were many more things that came with his adhd but he explained the simple things to his daughter "ohh, i hope appa feels better!" minji said, yoongi smiled and nodded "i do feel better"

"does everyone have adhd?" minji asked, shoving a piece of pancake in her mouth "no, only some people" yoongi said as he chopped up some bananas "do i have adhd?" minji asked, she was very curious, sometimes too curious that yoongi couldn't answer unless he searched up the answer "i don't think you do but you could have it since i have it and you're my daughter" yoongi explained, minji hummed "but how could i have it?" she asked, yoongi chuckled "don't worry about it"

-

"no minji, sit down" yoongi said, he couldn't get mad at minji, he couldn't get mad at anyone in that fact "no!" she said, jumping up and down on the couch "minji, you said you were hungry and you ate two bites and now you're running around. is the food not good?" yoongi asked, minji couldn't focus on yoongi and kept jumping up and down "minji, get down, no more jumping" yoongi said, a sigh leaving his lips as he carried the girl from the living room to the kitchen.

"when you are eating, you're not supposed to be jumping up and down, it can be dangerous" yoongi said, minji frowned "sorry appa but i just wanna keep jumping! can't stay still!" minji said and giggled, yoongi let out a small laugh "seems like it"

-

"appa is going to study" yoongi said, minji looked at him with a questionable face "what does that mean?" minji asked, yoongi chuckled a bit "i need to do some school work so i can be smarter" yoongi said, minji hummed "ok! i'm gonna play!" the small girl said, yoongi smiled "but you have to play in our room, please be as quiet as you can so appa can do a good job" yoongi said, minji nodded and went to their room to play.

it was somewhat quiet, a cartoon was playing in the back so minji wouldn't be whining as much to yoongi. he really wanted to graduate to make himself feel proud and give minji a better future. he didn't really like school, it was too stressful.

"fuck!" yoongi groaned, throwing his notebook on the groun, making minji gasp a bit "you said no throwing stuff and no bad words! and you did both! that is bad!" minji gasped, yoongi nodded and sighed "you can say bad words when you're older! appa got a bit upset and didn't know how to react but that's okay, i made a mistake" yoongi explained, minji nodded "appa feel better?" she asked with an innocent face "yeah, im going to get back to studying"