thirty-three

minji sat down with the rest of the kids on the carpet, she was bored, she hated circle time.

"so, the question for morning circle is, what is your favorite fruit?" he smiled, placing his lesson plan on the floor, "who wants to go first?" he asked, a kid raised his hand, it went on from that kid. it wasn't very well when it got to minji.

"minji, what's your favorite fruit?" the teacher asked, minji stayed silent, she didn't want to answer, "do you want me to come back to you later?" he asked, it was silent, "i need you to say something" namjoon said, minji shook her head, "alright, ha-eun, you can go"

-

"today during morning circle, you didn't participate, is something wrong?" he asked as him and minji ate, "nope, i just don't like it, appa told me to give you a letter, it's in my folder" she said, eating the fruit seokjin has chopped up for her.

namjoon hummed, taking the letter from minji's blue folder, he unfolded it to read it.

-

hello mr.kim

thank you for writing to me, i am doing okay and working on getting better.

i am in the hospital for mental health, there's no point in hiding the truth. i just wanted to write back, i don't have much to say. if you want to know anything about me, let me know, it's kinda boring here and i spend most of the time here like :|

please let me know how minji is doing if you can, and if u have any advice on how i can be a better parent :]

-

namjoon smiled after he finished reading the letter, he had only seen yoongi a couple times but he knew he was cute.

"your appa is really cute, minji" the boy laughed, minji smiled, "appa the best!" she giggled, namjoon admired yoongi. a single parent with a job and was a college student? that's so...wow. namjoon couldn't find a way to phrase it besides, 'wow'.

"your appa is the best, start finishing your lunch, okay? i need to write your appa another letter" he said, he couldn't stop smiling at the thought of yoongi.

-

"why can't we go in yet?" minji furrowed her brows, "appa is having a bit of a rough day but the doctor said he'll let us in soon" seokjin said, minji let out a scream and hit seokjin, the boy stared at her with wide eyes.

"that's not good at all, don't do that" he sighed, minji huffed, "i want my appa!" she shouted, seokjin pinched the skin between his brows.

he didn't understand how yoongi could deal with minji all by himself, he could barely do it with jungkook.

jungkook was at work so he couldn't see yoongi or help with minji, he was upset about it but there wasn't much he could do.

-

"hi seokjin and minji" yoongi mumbled, waving at both people. today he was feeling more suicidal than the previous days, he wanted to sleep his days away.

"appa! mr.kim got you another letter and i brought you a drawing!" she giggled, yoongi forced a smile on his face, of course he loved minji but he was exhausted.