Ch. 23: Antagonist

Dream decided to go consult Oswald the librarian himself. When we woke up, he was already up and gone. It's starting to feel more and more like our decisions are made for us by Dream.

Is this not a team? Are we not all equals here?

I know he's worried about me, aware that I'm anxious about this plan against the Pillager City, but I still want to help regardless. I still want to hear what Oswald has to say.

"Did you guys buy whatever you wanted from here?" George asked as we checked over our stuff to make sure we're all set to go back to our base today. Our home.

"I think so." I said as I closed my bag and shouldered it.

"Wait, we were buying stuff?" George and I both snorted at how Sapnap obviously didn't buy stuff if he wanted it.

"We did, but you were too busy to." George mocked him, earning a glare from Sapnap. It's a good thing George doesn't actually know...

"I'm sorry that girls want me so much more than you. Maybe if you grew a beard too, they'd come for you." Sapnap retorted, much more aggressive than he needed to be.

I'm going to guess that he's not in the mood to be reminded of his remorseful encounter with Aster.

"I shave, because I don't want to look like a furry." George countered him as he shouldered his bag.

"Oh please, you couldn't grow a real beard if you tried."

"You're hardly growing your own! It's coming in all patchy!"

"I'm YOUNG! My face has to get used to being so ruggedly handsome! I'm not an old man like you!"

I sighed, the brotherly bickering coming to full swing.

"I'm not old!"

"Where's your cane, old man?"

I took my chance to escape when they continued to poke and prod each other's ego's, slipping out the door quietly.

We need to get the horses anyways, since they're coming back with us.

Arriving at the barn, I was surprised to find someone was already there. "Hi, good morning!" Bad greeted me as he saddled a horse in one of the stalls.

"Good morning." I greeted him in turn, finding the stallion and mare the shepherd had chosen to give to us.

"I got the saddles on your horses for you! I heard from Volund that they were a gift for you, as thank you for saving some children!" Bad is a very energetic person for it being so early in the morning.

"Thank you, I wouldn't have known how to get them on myself." I admitted as I patted the stallion and mare each on the head. They snorted softly in return, making me laugh.

"They really like you already. They're cute little muffins!" Why does he keep saying that?

"Why do you keep calling things muffins?" I asked, wanting to know since he even called Sap and I muffins.

"Because they're cute and sweet!" Huh...He's...definitely different than the other three. Maybe he's been out here too long...

"Okay..." I answered without knowing what else to say, opening the gate to bring out the two horses.

"I'm Bad, by the way! BadBoyHalo!" Bad held out a hand to me, smiling ear to ear in the odd shadows that his hood creates over his face.

I shook his hand while giving him my name in turn. "Is that really your name?" I asked, as it was definitely different. Though, then again, I doubt Sap's name is actually that and Dream's for that matter.