Ch. 28: Escape Plan

Dragged back down to the prison, I cried when I was thrown back into the cell and George wasn't there. Where is he? Is he alright?

"Where is George?" I cried through the bars to Wilbur, feeling worse when I saw him appear with his face bloodied and bruised as well.

"I think they're bringing him now. Did the plan work?" Wilbur asked, nearly collapsing against the bars of his cell. Tommy joined him a second later, shoulders slouched and silent for a change.

What happened to them while I was getting the earpiece?

"GET DOWN THERE!" My heart leaped into my throat when I heard the shout roar from the stairwell, pushing as close to the bars as I could as I waited for our last friend. For my friend, for the one who's kept me going this long.

I cried when he reached the bottom of the steps, being dragged by the shoulders by two of the pillagers.

"We shouldn't even put you back in the same cell as your Princess, weakling! You deserve to suffer since you narrowly escaped finishing that fight!" One of the pillagers snarled as I noticed the way George was fully being dragged and not moving on his own.

"Please!"

"Oh, stop your crying, bitch! We're not dragging him any further than this!" The same pillager snapped at me before opening the iron door and shoving him in.

I barely had a chance to catch him before he hit the ground, my legs buckling under his weight and the pure terror racing through my body.

"George? Georgie?" I felt his hand weakly clench against my side, and my lip quivered as I let myself drop to the ground with his weakened body atop me.

"Is he alright?!" Tubbo shouted as soon as the pillagers were gone, but I couldn't answer as I cried against my once more beaten friend. My closest friend I have right now. The man who keeps sacrificing himself for me.

"Princess, answer us!" Tommy barked to me this time, and I pulled my face away from George's shirt to try to find my voice.

"I...'m fi—ne." George's voice cracked as he spoke for the first time, and I held onto him tighter when he tried to push himself to his feet.

"No, no you're not!" I started to pull him towards the bed, struggling but refusing to give up until he was laying on his back on the soft fabrics.

"They...think we planned that." George revealed once I had him on his back, and I shushed him as I felt his hand lax against my side.

"That was him." Tommy said as I raced over to our hidden torch to bring it to Arius and light again. "That was the blade! He's coming for us! He's here!" Tommy's voice raised with excitement as he continued.

Once Arius had lit the torch for me, I brought it back with me to check on George with some better light now.

George winced away from the torch when I put it down near the bed, covering his face weakly with a hand.

"George, let me see." I plead softly, sliding my hands under his to cup his face in mine.

"Think...my ribs are broken again." George admitted with a sharp hiss between his words as I ran my thumb over his cheek. When I pulled my hand back, I saw it was red with blood, and this time I pulled his hand away.

George's tired eyes were sad as they met mine, and I saw how the pillager had punched him a few good times in the face with those metal rings of his. Saw the fresh bruises and splits where the rings broke his skin open angrily.

"I'm...happy to see you." George mused with another hiss, as if talking is hurting him.

"Shh, don't talk. Just relax, I'll take care of you." I promised quietly, letting his hand weakly take mine and pull me closer.