Ch. 31: Home At Last

"So, we're adding a separate floor?"

"We should finish off this side, first."

"But we need five new rooms."

"Six."

"I don't need a room!"

We're barely home, and already we're arguing about additions.

Dream was giving all the new group members a tour of our home so far, while George, Sapnap and I discussed the matter of rooming.

"We could just double everyone up for now. Give everyone a room as we finish them." George offered as he relaxed on his bed, propped up in some pillows to keep too much strain off his body.

Sapnap and I sat on the couch in front of the fireplace, looking over a shoddy plan we were consistently erasing and redoing because we couldn't settle on one idea.

"Even then, we still need to mine out the rooms or add on if they're going to be somewhere else." Sapnap flicked his hand at the shoddy plans we had, so I crumpled them and threw them in the fireplace.

"Why don't we just plan as we go? That's what we did with your rooms, after all." I reminded them of when we worked on their bedrooms.

"Arius said he's going to get us obsidian for an Nether Portal, so we're going to need to plan on somewhere to put that." George reminded us of Arius' promise before we left him at Hillshire to get everyone home. Don't know why we don't just go mine some ourselves from our mines...

"Outside." Sapnap and I both agreed on that one easily.

"Where are you sleeping tonight, darlin'?" Sapnap asked, running a hand through his hair and wincing since we're all in desperate need of a shower after the long trip home.

"My bed?"

"I mean, are you moving your bed to one of our rooms? Or are you staying out there with them?" Sapnap asked, standing up and shoving the strain papers to one end of the couch.

Oh, not this again...

We had to camp out again last night, and somehow yet again it ended up with me between my three best friends. Almost the exact same position as the first night when we stopped after our escape.

"I smell disgusting." Sapnap winced, tugging at his dirty clothes and wrinkling his nose.

"You look it too." George taunted cheekily, earning Sapnap's glare for teasing him.

"We all need to get cleaned up. We've had a long trip, and some of us could probably do with a hot bath instead." I gave George a pointed look since the hot soak would probably help his aching body.

"Ugh, fuck! Now we need to plan for another bathroom too, since there's nine of us now!" Dammit...Sapnap's got another good point.

I could hear Tommy and Tubbo's excited cheers echoing through the halls outside George's room, turning to Sapnap with a smirk. "I think you're going to have a line to get in the shower." I teased with my own cheekiness now.

Sapnap's shoulders slouched, glaring weakly at me.

"What're you guys doing?" Dream suddenly entered the room, stretching his arms over his chest. "We need to build a bigger table before we can relax for the night." Dream advised, turning to me with a hopeful tilt to his head.

George is out of commission due to his injuries, so I'm builder for now.

"I've got it."

"I can help-"