Ch. 7: Rainy

Rain. I almost forgot what it was. It hasn't rained the entire time I've been here.

Thunder rumbled softly off in the distance, a promise of no end to the showers outside the window. It had been raining since we first got up, a steady downpour from the dark clouds above.

The rain was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that it was hydrating the crops outside and filling buckets that Dream had set out.

A curse in that none of us really wanted to go out in it with the rumbles of thunder and flashes of lightning out in the distance. So, George found his surprise ahead of schedule.

Dream was annoyed, being the perfectionist he is

Dream was annoyed, being the perfectionist he is. He was missing drapes for around Georges bed, which he needed wool to make. He had planned to go hunt with Sapnap if it weren't for the rain.

"Dream, it's fine!" George followed Dream when he stomped out of the bedroom moodily, my chest aching at how his surprise had been ruined by some bad weather.

"He's such a baby, it's just some drapes. Nothing to get so butthurt about." Sapnap grumbled, sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace and petting his new favorite member of the team that was laid across his lap.

"He had all this planned for a while, Sapnap. He wanted to surprise you guys, he wanted it to be perfect." I explained, walking over to sit with him in front of the fire.

Sapnap opened his mouth to respond but closed his mouth with a short sigh. "I'll go talk to him. He's just getting in his head, I'll handle it." With that, I was alone in Georges new bedroom.

I looked out the window beside the fireplace, watching the rain fall as I let the fire warm me.

The door opened after a few minutes, George coming in and taking Sapnap's seat on the couch.

"Thank you, for helping Dream set this all up." George said, patting a hand on my arm that was stretched over the back of the couch.

"We wanted you to be comfortable. Sapnap too when his room is finished." I murmured, tilting my head away from the fire to look at him.

"I want to work on your own room for you. You've done enough for us, let me return the favor." George offered, tilting his own head to rest it on the back of the couch.

"You don't have to."

"I want to, so let me. Sap wouldn't mind helping me if I asked, either. He's got a soft spot for you." Heat flushed my face at his insinuation, turning away as he cheekily laughed at me.

"He's just nice to me because I'm nice to him. Besides that, what you don't have a soft spot for me, Georgie?" I asked, feeling brazen for a change as I looked back at him.

Red creeped upon his upper cheeks and nose, turning away with an embarrassed laugh and trying to hide it by acting like he was leaning his face on his hand closest to me. "What're you talking about?" George asked through nervous giggles.