Ch. 59: Acceptance

What have I gotten myself into?

Clay's bathroom is as grand as his bedroom is. A large shower with cloudy glass doors that were wide open, big enough inside to fit three people easily.

An even larger bathtub tucked against the opposite corner of the room, that looked like it's never even seen use by the way all his stuff was in the shower and nothing near the tub.

The tub itself was big enough as well to easily fit multiple people, from the look of it. With a large faucet and deep setting, I had no doubt it's probably as comfortable as being in the hot tub outside.

"Do you want bubbles? Whatever makes you more comfortable." Clay offered, walking over to his shower and pulling a few bottles off the shelf inside. Why does one man have so much in his private shower?

It's not like we can even see his skin, most of the time. He's always wearing his hoodies and mask. What? Does he have some extravagant skin care routine?

I sat on the edge of the tub to start the water, impressed with how he's managed the intricate workings of running water. We've always left it to George since he's our master builder and all.

"You sure you don't want to use the shower? I've got multiple shower heads." Of course, because only Clay would spring for the extra extravagance for his own bathroom.

"Oh, wait I need to go get clothes." I remembered suddenly as Clay set his soaps on the edge of the tub and poured some into the water to suds it.

"I've got something for you to wear in here. Shorts fine?" Clay walked over to a chest I hadn't even noticed on the other side of the room by the ladder, coming back with a t-shirt and baggy shorts I've seen him wear a time or two to bed.

"Do you keep your clothes down here in your bathroom now?" I teased, standing up and leaving the water to run.

"It's more private than my own bedroom." I fought back the frown at his response, not wanting to delve into the discussion of Tommy and Tubbo invading his personal space again.

"Can you turn around so I can change?" I motioned for him to turn with my hand, to which he smiled at me in amusement for.

"I can't watch?"

"I can go back upstairs."

Clay sighed dramatically, turning on his heel and folding his arms over his chest while he waited.

As soon as I was in his obviously larger clothes, I set my old ones aside and slid into the tub before he could turn back around. "Okay, you're good." I advised, sitting among the light suds as the hot water poured in around me.

"Hey, you didn't wait for me." Clay grumbled, almost childishly as I laughed at his reaction.

"Hurry up then. You're the one who really needs the bath."

My teasing fell away to a heated blush when he stripped down lightning fast and joined me, sitting behind me as I adjusted the water temperature.

"I know you love hot water and all, but are you trying to boil us alive?" Clay asked, still teasing despite the fact that we're literally sitting in his bathtub half-dressed together.

How can he be so calm?! My heart is racing!

"Hey..." I turned to look over my shoulder at him at his soft call, his hand brushing over my shoulder. "It's okay. I'm not gonna do anything unless you ask, you're safe with me." Clay promised, smile warm and reassuring me to not feel so anxious about the intimacy of all of this.