Ch. 63: Next Steps

Warning: Mildly mature discussions and themes!

Nick's eyes have barely left me once since the shower. It feels like he's memorizing me, trying to etch me into memory permanently.

It's both exhilarating and a little unnerving all in one, because I know I've probably already done the same myself.

But the steady thrum of my heartbeat in my veins is a constant reminder of why he's looking at me like that.

My skin still feels like his fingertips are pressing into it, holding me like he'd never let go.

I'm not the only one who noticed his eyes hardly leaving me though, because Clay seemed to notice it when we were at the dinner table judging on how his eyes kept going between Nick and I.

But fortunately, dinner was uneventful otherwise.

As soon as I crawled into bed, Nick's hands were on my waist again just like in the shower. He angled me to lay in front of him, pulling me back till my body was pressed into his. "Nick?" I tilted my head to look over my shoulder at him.

Just in time for him to kiss my shoulder blade. "It feels too good to pass up again, especially considering earlier." I turn my head back to face forward, burying my face against a pillow as my cheeks warmed.

"Did you two..." I turned towards the edge of the bed to see George and Clay standing in the opening of the curtain. George seemed like he was struggling to find his next words, confusing me as I sat up.

"Have sex. Did you two have sex, is what he's trying to ask." Clay finished for him, straight to the point as always.

"What? No!"

"Really?"

"You're acting different."

Clay and George sat on the edge of the bed as Nick sat up, helping me sit up fully as well and keeping an arm around me. "We're not, how are we?" I asked since we haven't really done anything other than talk since getting out of the shower.

"Nick couldn't take his eyes off you the entire time he was in the same room as you." Clay reminded me of how he sees all. "Plus, Wilbur said you two took a shower earlier and it lasted nearly an hour."

"I wouldn't say it lasted that long." Nick muttered before relenting when Clay's eyes narrowed on him.

"If you two did, we should talk about it. We're supposed to communicate everything." George reminded as he moved up further into the bed.

"It was dry, I didn't..." Nick trailed off with an embarrassed whine that nearly made me laugh.

"If you can't even talk about it, do you really think you should be doing it?" Clay asked before letting out a deep sigh through his nose and brushing his mask to the side to scrub at his face.

"Clay, it's okay. I was consenting to it, and so was he." I admitted, reaching a hand towards him to lure him further up into the bed.

Clay looked back at me for half a minute before moving up closer, George moving in as well until we were all sitting close like we always do for important talks about the relationship I share with them.

"Did you ask her if she was okay with everything?" George spoke first once we were situated.

"Of course!"

"He asked every minute, to be exact."

Nick shot me a weak glare for sharing that, but I just shrugged in response. It's nothing to be shy about, he's not the only one always making sure I'm comfortable.