Being His Co-Host and Childhood Best Friend- Chris x Reader || Part 1

A/N

I haven't wrote about Chris in a while but it was requested so here it is! Thanks for 12k :) Don't forget to check out my other book also if you haven't!

"I'm your host, Chris McLean."

"And I'm your cohost, Y/N L/N."

"And this has been Total Drama: Where Are They Now!!" You and your childhood best friend scream into the camera.

"And cut!" A producer says. You sigh in relief, standing up from the chair while Chris gets up from his own seat.

"Hey, you got my hot choclate?" He asks an intern, walking off stage. You sigh a little, analyzing him dreamily.

You and Chris have been best friends ever since you were in diapers. Not to mention, you had a crush on him since grade eight. Since the producers decided to not renew Chris as the host for a new Total Drama season, he came up with the idea of creating a new show where he interviews former cast members and he decided he wanted you as a cohost.

You were thrilled for the opportunity, sure you're a bit shy and he's pretty outgoing, but the shows been helping you rekindle your friendship a ton.

After some excessive time in counseling and therapy, Chris is back to being himself again. No more psychotic madness. No more freak episodes. He's finally happy and you're proud he's come this far into changing his life around for the better.

You've always liked Chris and you still do, even during his lunatic ways on the show. You knew it wasn't his fault for acting that way but at least now he's getting treatment for it.

You walk off the stage, conversing with some of the camera crew for a bit before Chris comes over to you, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"Hey Y/N. Great job out there." Chris smiles at you.

"Thanks. You too." You reply, turning around to face him.

"Can we uh talk... in private?" Chris asks, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sure." You wave bye to the camera crew before Chris leads you to a backstage room.

"So... what's up?" You question him, a bit nervous as he takes a seat on the couch.

"Your shaking, Y/N." Chris points at your shaky wrists. He gestures you to sit down next to him by patting the sofa seat.

"I'm sorry, I still get a bit freaked when doing the show." You reveal to him, looking down as you take a seat next to him.

"Well, I think you did great." Chris tells you. "Especially today."

"Thanks." Your lips curve up a little as he takes your hand and caresses it.

"I have a question." Chris speaks out after a brief moment of silence.

"Yeah?"

"So I was thinking tonight... if you're not busy... wanna go out to eat?" He asks as your eyes widen.

"I? Me? Uh... me?" You point at yourself in shock.

"No, I was talking about camera two guy." He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Me?" You still point at yourself with wide eyes.

"Yes you silly." An embarrassed blush creeps up your neck and finds its way to your cheeks.

"I-uh yeah. I mean yeah sure." You splutter out as a response.

"Great. I'll pick you up at six then?" You nod your head as Chris smiles, removing his hands from yours slowly.

"Don't be sheepish, we'll have fun, trust me." You nod your head once more as Chris makes his way to the door.

"I gotta go help Chef out, I'll see you tonight Y/N." Chris says, shutting the door behind him softly.

~

"Are you enjoying the food Y/N?" Chris happily asks as he enjoys his platter full of seafood. You knew that he is addicted to food which makes him really happy and also makes you happy, too.

"Yes, the pasta is cooked well, perfect sauce and al dente pasta." You respond as you chew carefully and silently on your food. Chris chortles a little in response. He grabs his still-white napkin and wipes the dirty edge of your lips from where some of the pasta sauce lingers.

"Someone's a little bit too excited because of her green pasta!" He mocks you and you both laugh as he carefully dabs the napkin to assure that there was no sauce left. "Here you go."

"I can't imagine you called my pesto in that way." Your eyes grow wide in disbelief and you shake your head. "Dude, green pasta? Really?"

"Sorry, it's green and I am calling it green pasta." He points out and you both laugh loudly. You love how Chris brings out the confidence in you and you're sure he did too just by his boisterous laugh.

"Captain Obvious." You roll your eyes playfully as he shakes his head, still with a million dollar smile flashed on his face. You grin back at him as you realize how wonderful and handsome he is. You've always thought that Chris was good looking, who would never think of that? But he also has a good heart that's actually full of care once again. "Thank you, McLean."

"Am I in trouble for that? What's with the last name basis?" He raises an eyebrow and you just wink at him. "I'd love to be punished tonight." He grabs your hand and caresses it lasciviously as he winks back at you, just fooling around and teasing you. A normal Chris McLean move.

You let out a soft laugh and you smack his hand for his wild actions. "Contain yourself, goofball!"

"I-I'm trying." Chris stifles a laugh as he covers his mouth with one of his hands.

"I really enjoy this night, a lot." You say, setting your fork down inside your half eaten pasta.

"Me too Y/N. Thanks for being yourself." Chris replies back, leaning against the table and staring into your eyes admiringly.

"Right back at ya McLean." You wink again as his grin forms larger.

"You're a character all right." He pats your hands as a warm gesture. "But that's why I really like you."