Mr. Brightside - Duncan x Reader

You and Duncan were heading back home from a friends house knowing that a big storm was coming.

"This weather isn't looking very good." Duncan mutters, gripping onto the wheel as a crash of thunder booms in the distance. Dark clouds roll in and cover the once sunny lit sky.

"It's just a small thunderstorm coming." You say to him, staring out at the window. "How bad could it be?" Just then the sky turns black and it starts to downpour.

"Duncan, pull over." You tell him, rolling your window down a bit.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" He asks as you stick your head out the window.

"WOOHOO!" You scream out as the vicious wind whips against your hair and rain drops pelt your face.

"Y/N!" You heard Duncan call out. You stick your head back inside, shaking your somewhat damp hair out.

"What?" You respond innocently as he shakes your head at you.

"You're a different breed alright." He mumbles with a small smile as he splashes into the puddle.

"Stop the car." You tell him again as he gives you a questionable look.

"Why do I need to stop the car? We're almost home, Y/N."

"I wanna stop and feel the rain."

Duncan scoffs at you. "We're in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?"

"Uh, yep." You gesture towards the window as he pulls off into an abandoned parking lot.

"I love the rain. You should know that by now." You say to Duncan as he parks the car. You get out, jumping in the rain as Duncan sits in the car with a smile on his face.

"Y/N, you're crazy! You know that!?" He shouts out to you as music blares through his car.

"Turn it up!" You raise your voice as his eyebrows flutter together. You shake your head, walking over to his side of the car. Opening up the door, you drag him out into the warm rain and turn up the stereo by yourself.

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine

You take his hands and spin him around in the pouring rain, belting at the top of your lungs.

Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

Duncan grabs your face and smashes his lips against yourself. Your mouths move in sync as rain falls down on you and lightning strikes behind you.

"I love you Y/N!" Duncan shouts out after pulling away. You grab his hands again and twirl him around with a gigantic grin on your face.

"I love you too, Duncan!!" You shout back, hopping inside puddles splashing both you and him. He laughs, pulling you in for another kiss. You wrap your legs around his torso as he whirls around in a circle to the beat of Mr. Brightside from the car radio in an abandoned parking lot during a thunderstorm. Definitely a memory that will never be forgotten.