Every Bad Boy Needs A Good Girl - Duncan x Reader

There was something about the boy who would always be late to class, have the girls hanging off of his every word, him cursing like a damned sailor. They say that light is attracted to the dark, that every bad boy needs a good girl. You had to say that they were right.

As he walked the halls of your high school people parted like fish would for a shark. Everything about his appearance screamed danger; from rugged clothing and mohawk hair, to the piercings that littered the expanse of body.

He ditched classes while you busy writing down every word the teacher said; complete opposites you two, yet you couldn't deny the obvious fact that you wanted to know more about this boy. Shy looks would be cast in his direction sometimes from you and he would hold onto them as though his life depended on it.

~

You were late to school, the first time in a long time, and you were rushing down to your locker. You cursed at the rain for making you not hear your alarm and for the traffic that then ensued. Just as you turned the corner you bumped into someone, almost falling but the steady hand caught you in a vice grip.
You looked up to meet Duncan's eyes and your widened considerably; you had never been too close to the boy who sparked fear in everyone but here you were, practically secured in his arms.

You could feel everything around you and the few people in the hallway staring at the both of you with gaping eyes. You could see why people were scared of the boy, with his taller frame and domineering personality. He could be so cruel to everyone but never once was he outwardly mean or rude to you.

It was so cliche in your mind that it almost seemed laughable; the bad boy has a soft spot for the good girl. You mind always got ahead of yourself.

You glanced around nervously, watching all the people around the two of you, before Duncan spoke up.

"I suggest you all get to class." He said menacingly. Not a second went by before everyone was darting in various directions. One person whispered loudly to a friend and made sure you could hear what they were saying.

"I feel bad for Y/N, she'll face whatever anger he has today." You glanced back to Duncan to see the expression on his chiseled features and you could tell the persons words struck a cord. The arms holding you tensed up and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Just ignore them." You whispered hoping to deter him from doing something that could get him into further trouble with the school.

He gazed down at you with a softened expression and you visibly relaxed. The bell rang signaling class had begun. making you late. You groaned and made a move to get out of Duncan's arms to go to your locker.

"Thank you for catching me before I fell." You said to him as he let go of you. He just nodded and continued to stare at you. You walked off in the direction of your locker only to have him follow next to you.

"You should probably get to class." You offered as you reached your locker and opening it up. Duncan stood off to your right and leaned on the gold painted metal. You took him in next to and notice he was without a jacket despite the rain and you wondered if he was cold.

"We have the same first and I'm always late to that class."

"Are you cold? You do realize it is raining and you don't have a jacket?" You couldn't help the caring tone that your voice had taken on. Duncan smirked at you and shook his head.

"I'm good, I think I can handle it." You grabbed out what you needed and began to make your way down to your first period class. You stopped before you walked in and thought of a good excuse.

"Y/L/N you are late, something I had not expected of you." Your teacher looked at you with disapproval with made you feel worse.

"I'm so sorry Sir, this is one time thing I can guarantee you." He nodded and said he would let it slide since you were one of the best students.

Duncan hadn't said a word but went to his seat in the back of the room whereas you took yours next to the window.

The day had flown by and you were thinking more and more about Duncan then usual. You two were polar opposites and nothing good could stem from whatever this morning was. You felt saddened by that thought but pushed it away focusing on not getting wet as you walked to your car.

You let out a shocked scream as you saw Duncan drenched with water waiting next to it. His hair was matted against his face as well as his shirt.

"What are doing here? You look a bit cold." You teased as he smiled at you. You just noticed that the parking lot had thinned out very fast, people seeking comfort in their homes.

"You're right, I'm pretty fucking cold." He said quickly. You giggled as you both stood in the rain, neither one of you caring.

"Told you that you should have brought a jacket Mr. Bad Boy."

"Why aren't you afraid of me like the others are?" His deep voice was considerably lower then it had been a few moments ago. You had thought about this question yourself and answered as truthfully as you could.

"I think it's because you have been the way you have with them to me." You said just as quietly. In his eyes there was a glimmer and he moved closer, making his way to stand right in front of you. He was close enough that your chests touched and he pulled your chin up to look at him.

"Why would I treat the girl I like so cruelly?" His words made your heart begin to pound faster and your head spin. You knew it should have been wrong to feel this way, to have your toes curl as he said he liked you.

He leaned in and pressed a kiss to your lips lightly; you head telling you to push him away and your heart telling you to just go for it. You chose the obvious choice and kissed back gently, expecting him to be a much rougher kisser then he was with you.

You two must have looked comical; one boy covered in piercings and hair as bright green as a newborn leaf while you were clutching him for warmth. He held onto you tightly as you unlocked your car.

"Want to come over tonight? All we'll do is watch movies and eat, promise." He asked you.

You nodded your head quickly as he chuckled.
"Alright it's a date then." He said as he leaned in and gave you a kiss on the forehead.

"A date then." You replied as you watched him jog over to his car. You couldn't help the smile that overtook your face.

He would always be the bad boy, but like everyone always says every bad boy needs a good girl.