Thanksgiving With Your Family - DJ x Reader

"Are you sure your family is gonna like me?" DJ asks nervously as you step out of car.

"Of course they are, they'll love you even more once they taste the delicious apple and pumpkin pies you made!" You reassure him and you help him carry the the food to your parents house.

"Made then with mommas spice." He responds proudly. "But are sure they will like me, Y/N??"

"Babe I'm sure of it. Just wait and see." You step inside your old home and your little cousin runs up to you.

"Y/N!! Y/N!!" He cheers, hugging your leg.

"Hi buddy, how are you?" You crouch down to give him a hug.

"Y/N it's so good to see you!" Your aunt greets you as she takes the apple and pumpkin pie away from you and DJ. Your little cousin scurries off so you take the opportunity to take off your shoes and coat before any other cousin comes to attack.

"It's good to see you too R/N!" You hug her then introduce DJ. "This is my boyfriend DJ." She engulfs your boyfriend into a hug and he smiles.

"See?" You mouth.

"Did you make those pies? They smell soooo good," your older twin cousins come up to you after your aunt let's go of DJ.

"It's kinda chaotic right now, but we can go to the backyard because your uncles are just out there along with your dad." One cousin says as the other sniffs the pies on the island.

"This is DJ, my boyfriend." You quickly introduce them. "He made the pies."

"They better taste good big man."

"R/N, show some respect!" Your girl cousin hits her twin and he groans in pain. "Nice to meet you! I'm R/N, and this is my twin, R/N." they both hug DJ and you chuckle slightly.

"Sorry I forgot to tell you my family is full of huggers." You whisper to him as he nods.

"It's alright Y/N, you know how much I love hugs."

Your girl cousin leads you outside and throughout the hour, you introduce DJ to your family and mingle with each other until it's time for food.

"How are you holding up?" You ask DJ as you both sit down at the table outside with your plate stacked with food.

"I'm doing good, your family seems to like me, except for that one cousin who's gonna criticize my pie." He chortles. "But other than that, it's going well."

"Can I have your attention please?" Your dad shouts out. "Thank you all for coming to this lovely feast. I want to thank all of you and God for making this day incredible. I wouldn't have done it without you. And to welcome a new member, DJ, my daughters boyfriend into our lovely home. Amen."

"Amen."

"Now let's eat!!"

~

"Oh god DJ this pumpkin pie is amazing," you moan out as your cousin shoves a whole slice into his mouth.

"10/10 DJ. You did well." He says with his mouth full.

"R/N!! Manners!"

"Sorry." He swallows. "That pie was excellent."

"Thank you."

You guys sit around and chat for a bit you guys get ready to leave the party.

"Thanks for the food Mr. L/N." DJ tells your dad.

"No thank you for the delightful, mouthwatering pies. I think I ate too many slices. And also for treating my girl right." They bro hug then you hug your dad.

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome sweetie. Drive safe now!" You guys walk away from the party hand in hand.

"See it wasn't so bad, now was it?" You ask, slipping into the car.

"Your family is really nice. Sorry for being nervous."

"It's alright, we all get nervous. And I totally understand, my family is huge." You laugh out. "Thanks for being a great boyfriend." You kiss him. "Also you make one hell of a pumpkin pie."