The Surfing Competition - Bridgette x Reader

"And next up we have Malibu's favorite, Bridgetteeee, our very own surfer girl!" The crowd cheered as a blonde girl walks up to water holding onto her surfboard and glancing out, looking for the perfect wave to ride.

"C'mon Bridge!!" You hear a male scream, throwing his shirt and whipping it in the air.

You're not gonna even deny it, the girl was cute. Perfect tan skin, hazel eyes, and blonde hair with decent height. Most guys should be head over heels for her like that one dude. But you kept thinking she'll never like you.

Bridgette paddles into the water on her board seeing the perfect wave come.

"Show us what you got!" She stands up and does theses amazing tricks and wow, you think she's just so perfect on that board. She finally finishes and the crowd roars for her!!

She waves to the crowd and swims back to shore. Her friends run up to her and congratulate her on her skills and you start to get a bit jealous because no one has done that for you. You huff, taking your board and walking to the shore.

"Next up, Y/N!!" There were a few cheers but nothing like Bridgette's. That's what I get for being a newbie, you think to yourself as you swim to find a good wave. You wait until you found one and go do your tricks to impress the judges, and you didn't do bad at all. But not as good as Bridgette.

"Okay we're gonna announce the winners now..." the loud speaker says as everyone crowds around the judges table. "In third place we have R/N." the crowd cheers as a skinny brown haired girl walks up to claim her prize. "In second place... Y/N!!" You smile, walking up to claim your prize. "And in first place... Bridgette!!" The crowd goes crazy as Bridgette runs up to receive her trophy.

"Group photo!" Someone calls out. So you Bridgette and the brown haired girl stand together with your prizes and surf boards for the photo. After the photo is taken, Bridgette walks up to you.

"Wow you did amazing!! Great job!" She congratulates you.

"Not as good as you did, though." You blush and tilt your head down.

"But you're a newbie, with more practice I'm sure you'll first next year!!" She winks at you and some blonde dude runs up to her.

"Bridge!! You did it!" He cheered picking her up.

"Thanks Geoff." She smiles as he sets her down. Then she walks back up to you and hands you a piece of paper. "Call me." She mouths as Geoff drags her away.