Painting Class - DJ x Reader

You arrive to the building where your painting class is held. You decided it would be a good way to release your stress in a healthy way since you haven't been doing the best lately. You enter the building and walk inside the room where the class is gonna be held.

"You must be Y/N! So nice to meet you." A person comes up to you who looks like the instructor. "Come sit come sit, class is about to begin." You sit down in the last row where there are only two seats left.

"Hi Ms. R/N, I'm sorry I'm late." A tall muscular guy rushes in and apologizes.

"It's alright DJ. We were just about to begin. Find a seat to sit at." He looks around the room and the only available seat is next to you. He walks over and plops down on the stool.

The instructor starts going over the rules that apply in the class which isn't much, she just told you guys to use your imagination and let your mind be with the paint. You sketch an idea in your head but get interrupted by the dark skinned complexion next to you.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before. The name is DJ." The male introduces himself.

"I'm Y/N nice to meet you." You say as you start squirting paint on the palate.

"You must be new here." He replies. "I come here all the time."

"Really? That's cool. This is my first class." You tell him, dripping a brush into the paint.

"So why'd you decide to come here and paint today?" He asks, remaining small talk.

"Just to let out some stress. Painting helps a lot." You reply and he nods.

"Girl I feel you. I've been coming here since I was a kid... around five or so. Mama took me here and I've been trying to come as much as I can ever since then." He tells you as you glide your brush against the canvas.

"I never expected a guy like you to come here and paint." You comment and he laughs. "You must be one of those big teddy bear people that everyone adores."

"Not everyone adores me but my mama raised me right. You just gotta treat people with kindness." DJ says. "It goes a long way."

Soon painting class is over and you and DJ stay after to help clean up.

"Your painting was amazing Y/N!" DJ gushes as you rinse off the paint brushes.

"Not as good as your city in the night sky." You respond, looking over at his art work on the easel. "That was such a great idea."

"But the sunset in the mountains was beautiful!" He assures you. "You did a great job detailing the mountain and the small flowers on the hillside."

"Thank you, but I'm just an amateur, you're basically a pro!" You guys talk for a bit until it's time for you to leave.

"Well I had fun talking and painting with you today, DJ." You tell him.

"Me too. You wanna hang out some time other than this art class?" He asks you as you exit the building together.

"Sure, I'd love that."

-
A/N

School starts tomorrow so I won't have a lot of free time anymore, but I do have drafts that I will post in the meantime!