Her Special Plus One- Courtney x Reader

You were always jealous of Courtney even though she was your best friend. She had everything. She was rich, popular, stunning, and had social skills. You were just there on the sidelines, cheering her on. And it wasn't like you hated her, in fact, you had this huge fat crush on her since 5th grade when you first moved to her school. She was the line leader and was super bossy when you weren't in an exact line. But that's what drew you in. She got partnered up with you in the middle of 5th grade for a math project and you've been best friends ever since.

"So Y/N, do you think you can go to the party this weekend?" Courtney asked you at lunch. It was senior year of high school, and her friend from Total Drama, Geoff, was gonna throw this sick party as a little get together since they all haven't seen each other in a bit.

"I'm really not feeling it," you tell her, picking at your salad. "I'm just not into parties."

"But c'mon Y/N, you get to meet all of my friends! You gotta be my plus one!" You resist the urge to roll your eyes because you know that Duncan will be there.

"I don't know Courtney..." you say, munching on a croton.

"It'll be fun!!" Courtney tells you, grabbing your hands. "You get to see Geoff, Bridgette, Cody, Heather, Sadie and Katie, Noah, Duncan, DJ-"

"You're still friends with that douchebag?" You blurt out.

"Y/N you know I don't like interruptions when I speak! But yes, I'm still friends with Duncan."

"Even after he cheated on you with Gwen?" You raise a brow. "I don't know that's kinda messed up if you ask me. He broke your heart."

"We're just friends Y/N! We grew up and learned from our mistakes."

"Mmhmm... anyways I'll think about it."

~

As you finishing fixing your hair, Courtney walks into the room.

"You look stunning Y/N!"

"I can't believe you're dragging me to this lame ass party," you groan as Courtney takes your wrist.

"We'll have fun, trust me. Geoff's parties are so much fun. And this is coming from an uptight person. You gotta feel the rush of adrenaline sometimes Y/N!" She tells you as you make your way to her car.

"Lucky for you, you can socialize with people easily. With me, I'm not so lucky." You say as you get into her car. You're not the type of person that everyone falls in love with in an instant, you just sit there, like a wallflower, watching everyone else have the time of their lives.

"I won't leave you, Y/N. You're gonna be right by my side. You're my plus one, remember?" You nod, staring out the window as Courtney drives to Geoff's beach house.

~

"So glad you could make it you happy couple!" A tall blonde hollers as him and his girl who you assume is Bridgette, walk towards you as his arm is slung around her waist.

"Geoff we're not a couple!" Courtney blushes.

"But the invitation said bring a special plus one-" Bridgette starts to say as Courtney cuts her off.

"Haha, funny, gotta go!" Courtney drags you across the beach and you huff.

"Um Courtney?" You tap her on the shoulder and she turns around.

"What!?" She says all flustered as you give her a weird look.

"Why did Geoff say that we're a couple?" She looks dumbfounded.

"What do you mean Y/N?" Her face turns crimson.

"Does Courtney have a crush on me?" You wiggle your eyes brows as she sighs.

"Y/N! Ugh, I guess it's time to finally tell you the truth." You nod your head as she continues. "You see...this...this is a date. I've come to realize that I-I like you. You've always been there for me throughout my breakups, winning class president and you always give me your shoulder to cry on when I need it." She lets it all out as your eyes widen. "I think you're the one for me." She looks down, embarrassed. You lift your chin up and gaze into her chocolate brown eyes.

"I've liked you since we were in 5th grade." You say and chuckle. "Damn, wish you could've told me sooner."

"Wait, really?" I nod. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you."

"And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, either."

"So, um... can I kiss you?" She utters suddenly and you smirk.

"Go right ahead, babe." She laughs at the pet name before leaning in to give you a meaningful kiss. "I've been waiting for this moment for so long."

"Well now it finally happened!" She embraces you into a hug. "Now, Y/N. It's time for you to meet the rest of my friends!"