Canoeing - Cody x Reader

"Let's do something fun." You tell Cody as you get up from the couch. "We could go canoeing or something."

"That's actually not a bad idea Y/N! But where would we go?"

"I know a place." You smirk as you pull Cody up from where he was sitting. "Now come on let's go get ready!"

~

You drive down a dirt road and Cody seems a bit skeptical.

"Um Y/N, are you sure you know where you are going?" He asked, holding your free hand.

"Of course I do, I used to come here all the time when I was younger." You pull into a grassy area in the woods and hop out.

"I'm not sure about this Y/N..." Cody says from inside the car as you huff in annoyance.

Cody has always been scared about trying new things. You were a risk taker that loves to travel and try new things while Cody likes to sit home and jam out to music and watch movies.

"We're fine babe. Now get out here so we can enjoy our day." You open the passenger side door and grab Cody's hand.

"You just have to trust me." You grab the canoe from the top of the car and set it down on the ground. "Okay Cody I'll take the front, you take the back." You lead the way down this grassy path and walk for about 10 minutes until you reach your destination.

"Woah." Cody gasps at the scenery.

"It's pretty cool, isn't it?" You're surprised nothing had changed from when you used to come here as kid.

There was this huge lake and a river was connected to it then a small cave and a small waterfall.

"Are you kidding? This is amazing." Cody says in awe as you both set the canoe down on the grass.

"It really is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Gosh Cody you're so cheesy!" You giggle hugging him. He sets his head on your head as you glance around. "Nothing has changed from when I was a kid. It's still as perfect as it was."

"Now what are you waiting for, let's go canoeing!" You guys slip on your life jackets and paddle across the water slowing, enjoying the view.

"Sorry for doubting you Y/N." Cody apologizes as you turn your head to look at him.

"It's okay babe. I'm fine as long as you promise that you'll come here again next time."

"Deal." You guys laugh and spend the day, canoeing across the river and exploring the beautiful scenery together.