Chapter 11 *EDITED*

The next morning, we were close to the Blood Mist, and I was more than ready for this mission to be over. Obito was ignoring me for Rin once again, and I don't know how much longer I can take of that.

Uncle Minato explained before we left that now that we're at the end of the Land of Whirlpools, we would have to take a boat to get to the Blood Mist, and some jonin from the Blood Mist would meet us after the boat ride to escort us into the village.

Rin and I took our seats on the boat first, but I sat across from her so I wouldn't have to be next to her. Obito, of course, sat next to her, and Kakashi had to take the seat next to me. Uncle Minato was in the front.

He handed both Kakashi and Obito oars to row the boat, but they started bickering of course.

"Hey, Obito, you're not pulling your weight!" Kakashi snapped, his usual cool demeanor starting to crumble.

"Says the guy who's always lagging behind," Obito retorted.

"Hey, guys, not the time for this," Uncle Minato interjected.

Obito grimaced and continued to row the boat, but his movements were uncoordinated. Kakashi seemed to have been rowing the boat with ease.

"You're not even doing it right, Obito," Kakashi told him. "You're making the boat rock,"

Obito narrowed his eyes. "It's probably you causing that! You're just trying to blame it on me so you don't embarrass yourself,"

"I'm not you. I don't need to try not to embarrass myself,"

Obito growled. "What was that?!"

My sweat dropped as the boat tipped back and forth as they bickered. Rin just ignored them and was lost in her thoughts.

"Guys, let's just calm down and focus on the mission," Uncle Minato stepped in, taking the oar from Obito.

The boat ride went a lot smoother now, and the fog was starting to thicken more than it was earlier, which probably meant we were close to the dock.

"I can't even see through this," I complained, trying to see where we were going.

"Yeah, the fog is thick in the morning, but by the time we leave, it shouldn't be this bad," Uncle Minato said.

Once we had made it to the dock, some Blood Mist jonin was already there to greet us.

"You're the Leaf Ninjas delivering the scroll, right?" One asked.

He was scary-looking.

"Yes, my student, Hana, has the scroll on her right now," Uncle Minato said, motioning to me. His voice remained calm even though the tension was thick in the air. The jonin's cold eyes nodded and turned around, leading us through the village to meet with the Mizukage.

I felt uneasy as the villagers glared at us with hostility. I knew why they were called the "Blood Mist," and clearly, most of them resented us for some reason.

As we stopped at a tall building, the jonin that guided us turned to face us. "We will be meeting with the Mizukage, please treat him with respect,"

"We will," Minato reassured.

The doors creaked open and we walked down the long hallway. It was dead silence and the tension was still there. We made our way through three flights of stairs and the jonin stopped at a double door and knocked.

"Come in," A calm voice answered.

The jonin opened the doors, and I had to double-take when I looked at the Mizukage. He looked young, just like us.

My cheeks started to heat up as I took in his appearance. He had dirty blonde hair with bangs hanging close to his left fuschia-colored eye, fair skin, and a long scar that ran all the way down underneath his right eye.

He seemed to have noticed that I was staring and made eye contact. I wanted to die right then and there, and I quickly averted my eyes. I felt my face growing hotter.

"So, Lord Hokage tells me you have a scroll for me, correct?" His smooth and velvety voice asked.

No one told me that the Mizukage was going to be hot. I thought he was just some old guy, like Lord Third.

"Yup, my student, Hana, has the scroll," Uncle Minato replied.

I suddenly felt his fuschia eyes on me and burned up again. I dug the scroll out of my pouch and handed it to him, stuttering a "no problem" when he thanked me for handing it to him. I probably looked stupid right now.

He read through the scroll and put it back down when he was done.

"Is that all?" The Mizukage asks.

"Yes, sir," Uncle Minato replied.

He dismissed us, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as soon as we left the office.

"He was interesting, right Hana?" Uncle Minato asked me, smirking slightly.

Damn, he noticed the way I was acting.

"S-Sure," I stuttered out, cheeks flushing still.

Kakashi and Obito were both giving me a look, but I couldn't tell what they were thinking. Rin was smiling at the way I was acting.

After leaving the village, I felt relieved to be out of there. I never wanted to come back there again.

The walk home was long, but thank god no one attempted to attack us like that girl. I hope she forgets about me. I couldn't understand why she knew me and hated me so much. I don't recall ever meeting a girl like her in my life.

Uncle Minato's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "You guys have been working hard with those D-ranked missions, and you completed your first C-rank. Great job!"

"Yeah, Obito, like you could handle an S-rank mission," Kakashi remarked.

"I totally can!" Obito retorted back at him.

'We'll get there, Obito,' Uncle Minato said with a mixture of pride and caution. "But remember, S-ranked missions are not something to be taken lightly. They are dangerous and require immense skill and experience. Your training is just beginning."

"Well, maybe not an S-ranked mission, but we can definitely handle some B-ranks!" Rin added. "Plus, we might have to babysit Obito on an S-ranked mission,"

"Rin!" Obito whined as she laughed.

"Hana, there's something we need to talk about," Uncle Minato said, quiet enough for only me to hear as the other three walked ahead to the boat.

"What is it?"

"So Kushina and I found houses we want to look at, and you are more than welcome to come with us," He said.

I had mixed feelings about moving. I loved our current house, and it seemed fine; why did they want to move?

"Sure," I said a little dejectedly.

"It'll be okay, Hana, I promise," He reassured. "We just want a bigger house. Kushina and I moved in there years ago when we decided to move in together. It's time for a change,"

I knew that deep down, he was right. It was a small cottage-style house that was great for a couple but cramped with three of us. It was the memories I didn't want to let go of. Moving meant leaving behind the familiar scent of the old wooden floors and the memories attached to that house.

"Besides, aren't you tired of having a boiler inside your room?" He added.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I sighed. 

We continued to make our way back home from the mission and had to camp out again since it takes three days to get to the Leaf Village from here.