Chapter 56

Obito was walking me home later that night.

"So does this mean..." I trail off, nervously.

"If you want" He blushed.

I smile at him. This was the first time that a crush had returned his feelings and it was the first time for me too. We reached my house and I thought he was going to go for another hug, but he was leaning in. 

The door opened, making us jump.

Kushina was at the door and she was grinning. "Obito, why don't you stay with us for a bit? We're going to have dinner soon,"

She didn't even give him time to reply. She just rushed us both inside and I was starting to blush again.

We removed our shoes and walked inside. Minato looked a little surprised to see him here.

"Hey Obito," He greeted. "How are you?"

Minato looked a little drained from all of his paperwork. Kakashi was right about him acting differently.

"Good," Obito nodded.

Kushina motioned for me to follow her to her room and we left Minato and Obito alone in the living room. 

"So, you finally sorted everything out?" Kushina asked, with a smirk.

She handed me my hoodie, which looked like it was brand new again. I put it on and gave her a nervous smile.

"Yeah...it's official now,"

Kushina smiled. "Good pick. Obito is my favorite out of your team, besides you of course,"

She said the last part as a joke, but I shook my head and laughed.

"Thank you for repairing my hoodie. It's my favorite,

Kushina and I walked out of her room and she rushed to the kitchen to go take a pot off the stove. Obito was sitting down at the table across Minato and I took the seat next to his.

"Obito, do you like sushi and steak?" Kushina asked.

"Yes," Obito replied, his mouth watering a little.

I stood up to help Kushina set the table up and we both sat down once we had everything set up. Minato put his paperwork away and gave her a grateful smile.

"Thank you Kushina," He said and kissed her cheek.

She gave him a smile and we started eating our food.

"So, how did this start?" Kushina asked.

"Earlier today," I said.

"I could see it coming, Hana," Kushina giggled. "I could tell that you loved him,"

I laughed nervously and Obito quietly ate his food.

"And don't worry about the awkwardness, it was like that when Minato and I got together as well," Kushina added.

Minato looked at him sternly. "Just don't hurt her, alright?"

Obito nodded. "I won't, Sensei. I promise,"

We ate our food, talking some more. Obito seemed to be enjoying himself since this was better than being alone at home now that his grandmother is no longer around. 

"Oh," Minato spoke up. "I almost forgot that I need to speak with you after dinner Hana,"

"If it's about that sage mode thing-"

"No, not that. The other thing," Minato cut me off.

Obito looked confused. "Sage mode?"

"It's one of Sensei's abilities that he wanted to teach me, but I said no. It's a long story so I'll tell you another time," I replied.