Chapter 53

I woke up to a bright light that blinded me. I saw red hair and cobalt blue eyes staring down at me.

When my vision cleared up, I widened my eyes and almost wanted to cry. It was my mother. 

Both of my parents were here and they were kneeling over me.

"M-Mom?"

Her eyes looked regretful and my father also looked regretful.

"Dad...is that you?"

They both nodded and I slowly sat up, seeing that I wasn't in the Valley of End anymore. I could see Nozomi's pine green hair lying on the ground next to me and there was a man with raven hair and silver eyes.

"What's going on here?" I demand. "Why is she here?"

My parents and the man all exchanged glances and let out a sigh. 

"This wasn't supposed to happen..." My mother looked down.

"What are you talking about?!" 

"Hana, can't you see what's going on here?" Dad asked. "You two are unconscious. The only reason you are seeing us right now is because of the mistake we have both made,"

I looked over and Nozomi stirred awake. She saw the man with raven hair and her eyes widened. I could've sworn I saw her eyes starting to water.

"Dad...it's you..." Nozomi spoke softly. 

The tone of her voice took me by surprise because she didn't sound evil for once.

Shinji gave her a nod and helped her up. She looked over at me and started narrowing her eyes. She was about to attack me, but then Shinji grabbed her wrist.

"Nozomi, knock it off," He ordered with a harsh tone.

She looked over at him with pure shock.

"Where do we even start?" Shinji sighed and released his grip on her. "Don't start attacking each other now, listen to what we have to say,"

We nod and sit down.

"I assume you two were looking for vengeance, right? Because of our deaths eight years ago?" Shinji asked us.

"I didn't, but Nozomi here was," I answer.

He nodded. "We heard everything. We all watched over you, with regret because of what happened..."

"Hana, let me get this straight," Dad said. "I did put the Eight-Tails chakra into you and I wish I didn't,"

"Dad? Why would you do that to me?" I asked, hurt and angry at the same time.

"He wasn't meaning to," Shinji answered. "My boss created this chemically modified version of the Eight-Tails and he wanted me to be the host. I refused and gave the syringe to Akio to destroy and then my boss found out and started mind controlling Akio,"

Nozomi stared at her father with shock.

"I tried to step in and stop Akio from trying to destroy the village under his mind control, but I was too late. He had already sealed it inside of you because my boss needed someone to be the host and unfortunately it ended up being Hana," Shinji continued.

"And then your father tried using you as a weapon to take over the village," Mom added.

"I finally got through to Akio and we agreed that the only way to put a stop to this was for all of us to die and keep it hidden," Shinji finished.

"So...it wasn't because he was trying to kill you?" Nozomi asked Shinji.

Shinji shook his head. "My boss learned that the host was missing and thought that you would be the key to finding the host. So he told you a bunch of lies so you could get to Hana,"