Chapter 47

Today I was sitting at the dango shop with Kurenai and Anko since we haven't hung out in a long time. 

"So, when do you think we'll be Chunin?" Anko asked while eating her dango.

"Probably after the festival," Kurenai answered. "Since Lord Hokage has to fill out paperwork and all that,"

Anko let out a huge groan. "But that's so far away!"

Kurenai and I both chuckled, but then she rose an eyebrow. "Are you going to go to the festival with anyone special, Anko?"

Anko shrugged. "Probably not. I could really care less about it and if I do go, I'm just going for all of the dango,"

"But that's so boring," Kurenai replied. "Can't you go with someone like...I dunno..." Kurenai trailed off.

"Ibiki?" I finished for Kurenai. 

Her face started changing into a disgusted expression and I started giggling.

"Yeah, no,"

"Ebisu?" Kurenai suggested.

"Gross!" Anko shouted. "Why would I go with that pervert?!"

She nearly spat her food out and was loud. A few people looked over at us and Kurenai started laughing with me.

"This isn't funny, that's a huge hell no!" Anko exclaimed.

"Pervert?" Kurenai asked with a sweat-drop.

"Yeah, he is," Anko took a bite of her dango. "The point is, if I go, it's only for the food,"

Kurenai looked over at me. "Are you going with Obito?"

"I...I don't know yet," I replied.

"Please," Anko pointed at me with a stick from her dango. "We all know she's going to go with Kakashi. You like him and I can see it,"

Kurenai turned back to her. "No, Hana loves Obito. It's obvious that she does,"

I started blushing.

Anko and Kurenai both stared at each other intently. 

"It's going to be Kakashi and if I have to step in to make the move for her, I will,"

"It's going to be Obito and I'm going to make it happen,"

"Not if I beat you first!" Anko stood up, pointing.

"We'll just see about that!" Kurenai exclaimed and then looked over at me, giving me a devious smile.

"Well this totally won't turn into a disaster," I sweat-dropped.

Kurenai stood up and grabbed my arm, running away while practically dragging me with her.

"Kurenai!" I exclaimed. "What the hell?!"

She continued running and we stopped at a store that sold kimonos and other formal wear.

Kurenai rushed me inside the shop and looked around to make sure Anko wasn't here. "Okay go pick something out that you like. I'm going to be picking my kimono out as well because it is tonight after all,"

I sighed and started looking around the store. I only had a limited amount of time to make sure my beautiful plan with Kurenai and Asuma worked out, so I had to make sure I talked to him soon. 

I picked out a sky blue kimono with a white belt and pink cherry blossoms. 

When I found Kurenai, she was admiring a crimson colored kimono with black and white on it, and pink flowers.

She looked at my kimono and gave me an approving nod. "Good pick,"

The door opened and we both looked over. 

Obito walked through the door and Kurenai quickly grabbed the kimono out of my hands and hid it behind her back, while hers was visible. He looked surprised to see us here and I was surprised to see him too.

He carried a black kimono with white lining.

"Uh, hey," He greeted awkwardly.

"H-Hey Obito!" Kurenai chuckled nervously since he was giving her a weird look for hiding something behind her back. "What are you doing here?"

"Well," He replied. "I thought I should go get my kimono fixed since the festival is tonight. It has a hole at the bottom,"

He looked at me and I immediately felt pressured.

"Uh, Hana," he averted his eyes while blushing. "Are we going-"

"Yes!" Kurenai cut him off quickly and we both looked at her. "Yes, she's going with you Obito,"

Obito and I were both blushing now. 

"Sweet," Obito smiled. "I guess I'll come by your place tonight."

He walked over to the counter and gave his kimono to the shop owner and walked back out. Kurenai quickly rushed over to the counter as soon as he left and slammed the money down the counter as the shop owner folded our kimonos neatly.

"Why did you hide them?" I ask her with a sigh.

Since she had blurted the answer out, what was I supposed to do about Kakashi now?"

"I don't need Obito seeing it just yet. Let him be awed when he sees you in person." Kurenai grinned.

She handed the bag that held my kimono over to me and suddenly I felt pressure around my chest. I looked down, seeing a snake binding me in a tight hold.

"I don't need him seeing it yet, let him be awed when he sees you in person" She grinned. She handed me my kimono and I took it, but suddenly I felt pressure wrapping around my chest, I looked to see a snake was binding me in a tight hold.

"W-What the hell? Is this a snake?!" I shouted out of surprise.

Before I could react, I was lifted up and someone ran off with me. I saw people giving this sight a look as if they didn't want to question what was going on. I was panicking, thinking that an enemy had taken me.

We stopped in front of one of the shops in the village and the person put me down. I saw it was Anko.

"Damnit, Anko! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

She chuckled and the snake that bound me slithered back up her sleeve, making me shudder.

"Looks like I grabbed you just in time," Anko said. "Now, we just need to get the makeup and accessories for your hair. I'm going to grab a few that'll match the kimono and bring them over to your place,"

I showed her the kimono and she nodded.

"Great, now Kakashi will be awestruck," She turned around.

"Wait a minute, Anko-" I started, but she cut me off.

"Don't worry," She said. "It won't be too much makeup. You actually do look good without it, so this will just bring out some of your features."

"I'm going with Obito..." I finished, but by the time I had said that she already walked inside the shop. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I put Sakura's picture up as a reference to Hana's kimono.