Chapter 46

Another week went by and I was now getting ready to go on the family outing that Kushina and Minato planned. We didn't need to wear our ninja attire, so we wore our casual clothes. I changed into a sky blue shirt with some black pants and the regular ninja shoes, then went to the bathroom to continue getting ready.

I walked out of the bathroom and Mizuki immediately ran up to me, rubbing against my leg and purring. I picked her up and petted her.

Kushina came out of her bedroom and Minato was behind her while holding a picnic basket. 

"Ready?" Kushina asked while holding a camera.

I nodded and put Mizuki down. She immediately ran to her food dish and started eating.

I looked at the camera and grimaced. "We're taking pictures, aren't we?"

Kushina laughed. "Yeah, I need to a take a few,"

I sighed. I wasn't the type of person who enjoyed getting my picture taken because I knew I wouldn't look flattering in any of them. I barely enjoyed getting the picture done with Team Seven, but I tried my best to look good in there.

We followed Minato out of the house and I locked it behind us.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Today, we're going to the Valley of End," Minato started. "I know we talked about going up there a while ago and I figured why don't we have our family outing over there,"

I was excited now. I was finally able to see the statue of Madara Uchiha and the First Hokage in person and I would be able to see the giant waterfall that they caused.

The walk took about four hours. The only thing that was enjoyable about the walk was being able to see the cherry blossoms about to bloom and the wildflowers since it's almost spring now. 

We finally got there and I stared in awe at the statues and the waterfall.

We were at a small meadow that gave us a view of the waterfall and statues and Kushina set the blanket down.

"I'm glad it's not cold over here," She said.

"Me too," I agreed and opened the picnic basket after Minato opened it.

We all sat down and took out a sandwich and some iced tea.

"Uncle?" I ask. "What's the story behind their fight?"

"Well," Minato started. "Madara and Lord First used to be very good friends. They had their differences and that started a conflict between the two,"

"What was the conflict?" I ask.

"Madara wanted to kill Lord First because of the battle between the Senju and the Uchiha, while Lord First didn't want to kill him because of their friendship. Madara was eventually unhappy with him being Hokage, so they fought here," Minato replied.

"Did they both die here?"

"No, just Madara,"

"I see," I nod. "I'm glad we're not in that time period, otherwise I wouldn't be able to be friends with Obito,"

We continued to eat our food and I boasted about being Hokage since I won the Chunin Exams. 

"Okay," Kushina stood up. "Picture time,"

I wanted to run away, but I didn't.

Minato and Kushina stood in front of the waterfall so you could see it behind us and I ran over to set the camera up.

"Okay, it's ready!" I said and tried to rush over.

Of course, that didn't work out. I tripped and the camera took a picture of that.

"Damnit," I mutter.

Kushina laughed and decided to set it up herself. This one ended up being a failure because I wasn't ready and tried to fix my hair quickly and the camera took a picture of that, making it look like I was trying to hide my face.

I huffed and Minato chuckled. "Here, why don't I set it up,"

"Why didn't I think of that earlier?!" I exclaimed in realization.

Kushina stood next to me and I quickly fixed my hair. Minato made his way back in a flash and stood on the other side of me. The picture was taken and this time, it actually came out pretty good.

Kushina looked through the failed pictures while laughing. "This will be a fun story to tell your kids,"

"Can we not keep those?" I ask, blushing slightly. "Those are embarrassing!"

"Nope," Kushina replied. "I'm keeping these!"

She put the pictures in the picnic basket and Minato took a few pictures of us talking. In return, we both managed to sneak an off guard picture of him and he shook his head. 

"I let you have that one," Minato smirked.

"Right, keep telling yourself that," I laughed and took a picture of the two of them.

After a while, I wanted to climb around and explore. 

"Be careful Hana!" Kushina called after me.

I climbed down the meadow and didn't look down. I just focused on keeping my chakra under control so I wouldn't fall and then made it down to the water.

I sighed with relief and then walked over to the First Hokage's statue, climbing back up next to his head. 

I sat down on his head and looked over at Madara's, surprised that the people who carved these managed to get his sharingan correctly. 

I jumped over to Madara's statue and observed the First Hokage's and after I was done,  looked over at the meadow seeing that Minato and Kushina were both talking and then looked back at the waterfall.

This was a nice sight to see.

I heard Minato trying to shout and I turned my head, seeing that he was waving his arms around trying to tell me that they were ready to go.

I cautiously climbed down Madara's statue and then ran back over to where I climbed up to get to the meadow.

"Did you have fun?" Kushina asked while packing our stuff up.

"Yeah, I did," I nodded. "It's too bad that we can't stay sooner though,"

"It's 11 right now so when we get back, it'll be 3," Minato said while looking at his watch.

"We should come back here when I'm older one day. Just to reminisce and take new pictures to compare to the old ones," I said.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea. You can even bring Obito here with you one day." Kushina gave me a smirk.

"Yeah, I think that would be cool if you brought him here." Minato added, also smirking at me.

I could feel the heat radiating off my cheeks and turned around in embarrassment.

"I'm ready to go now!"

They both laughed and we started leaving the Valley of End. It was going to be a long way back, but at least we were having fun. I made a mental note to come back here one day when I'm older.