Chapter 48

I just thought this drawing of Kushina was nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Anko walked out of the shop with two bags in her hand and grinned. "If we want Kakashi to return your feelings, then it's best if we have me do the work. Did he ask you yet?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Great!" Anko said. "This should be easy then!"

"Anko, listen-" I tried again, but was cut off.

"Look, there he is!" She pushed me towards Kakashi.

Her push had a lot of strength and caused me to nearly fall on him. He quickly steadied me by holding onto both of my arms and looked at me.

"Well Anko seems energetic today," he remarked.

"Yeah, she always is," I chuckle. 

"The festival is tonight, so do you still want to go?" Kakashi asked. "You don't have to if you don't want to,"

"I uh..." I blush.

Crap, how was I supposed to turn him down?

"Yes, she'll go with you. She's just shy!" Anko shouted.

Oh no. This night was going to be a huge disaster.

Kakashi smirked a little. "Okay. See you tonight then,"

He turned around and I was internally screaming now. I'm going with Obito and Kakashi? At the same time? Picking between the two was one thing, but going with the two of them is a way bigger problem.

Anko and I walked to my house and told me to take a shower so she could get the blow dryer ready. 

As I showered, I was stressing. 

I walked to my room after I was done and I was having a hard time ignoring the nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Anko told me not to change in the kimono yet, so I just changed into a tank top and pajama pants. 

She started blow drying my hair as I sat down in front of my mirror. "You're gonna look great!"

She started brushing my hair gently and it was actually a bit humorous to see her getting into hair and makeup. That's something you don't really see at all.

My hair started to naturally curl up and Anko left it like that. She thought that it would look nicer down since I always have it up. She put a few clips in so it would keep the bangs out of my face.

Once Anko was done with my hair, she backed up and looked at me. "Now don't move until I'm done,"

She took out a light coral shade of lipgloss and started applying it.

As Anko continued with my makeup, she broke the silence. "Also, don't tell anyone I'm doing this. If Ibiki finds out, I'll never hear the end of it,"

"Okay," I said and she moved out of the way so I could look in the mirror.

"Now look,"

I looked and was actually quite impressed. She just put on lipgloss, mascara, and a light shade of eyeshadow. Who would've thought Anko knew how to use makeup. 

"You better get going because Kakashi will be here any minute," Anko said and left my room so she could go back home.

I changed into the kimono and I walked out of my room. I saw Minato and Kushina were in the living room already and Kushina smiled.

"Anko did a really good job," She smiled.

"You actually good great too," I replied.

She actually did. She wore a kimono that was orange on the top and then faded to red on the bottom. She also wore red lipstick and had her hair styled into loops.

"So who are you going with?" Kushina asked.

I didn't know what to say since I had no clue what was going to happen tonight, so I stayed silent.

"Then just tell me after the festival," She said once she realized I wasn't going to reply.

Minato was actually blushing at her appearance and it's rare to see him blush.

I heard a knock at the door and my heart raced. 

I opened it and I saw Obito. 

Somehow I would have to hide this from Obito and Kakashi. 

Obito's eyes widened when he saw me and he actually looked good as well. He wore the kimono from earlier and it had an Uchiha chest on the back. He also ditched the goggles and wore a bit of cologne. 

"You look pretty," He compliments and blushed. "And your hair is down again, it looks good like that,"

I blushed too. "Thanks, Obito, you actually look pretty great yourself,"

We started walking to the festival and I could already see the cherry blossom trees in the distance and heard music. I was trying my hardest to hide the fact that I was nervous.

I wouldn't lie, I wanted to go with him. At the same time, I wanted to go with Kakashi and I can't have them both.

I gasped. "Oh no!"

"What?"

"I completely forgot about my beautiful plan!" 

"Beautiful plan? What was it?" He asked.

"I was going to give a slight push to Asuma and Kurenai, but I haven't seen Asuma all day," I answered.

"Oh, but you'll see Asuma tonight for sure because Lord Hokage is hosting it," Obito shrugged.

We walked through the entrance and thankfully, Kakashi wasn't around yet. "I'll be right back, I have to use the bathroom,"

"What? We just got here," Obito said confused.

"Hey I'm a growing teenager, and we all know what happens to girls every month-"

Obito cut me off. "Oh, I get it. Please don't go into detail,"

Relieved, I dashed to the bathrooms and sneaked around to get back to the entrance to meet up with Kakashi.

He was there and I ran towards him, panting. "You're late," 

"A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the safe way," I chuckled.

He shook his head at my excuse. He actually looked good too. He wore a black kimono with dark green lining and actually had his headband off for once, but he still wore his mask of course. 

"You look stunning, Hana."

I blushed. Obito and Kakashi were going to be the death of me.

"Thanks, Kakashi," I said. "but why are you still wearing that mask?"

He just shrugged and we both walked in through the entrance, again.

This was going to be the start of a disaster filled night.